Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
13-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #61

Re: Very worried about Samson.

He's lovely, I do hope he pulls through.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
13-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #62

Thanks everyone.
Isn't it funny how people see things differently.
Some of the vets think he must have a lymphoma and doesn't have long, and the fact he has fluid in his abdomen confirms this. The partner thinks if he had a lymphoma the lab sample should have confirmed this because he sent away a big and obvious sample. He is more positive about Samson's future and isn't even convinced the fluid is related to the lumps, it may be he just has a small protein issue leading to a fluid leak ( not quite sure what this means.).He thinks because Samson's bloods are normal this is a good sign.
Whoever is right, Samson is on 2 diuretics and he is much less bloated, his stitches are out so he no longer has a collar and he was a bit snuffly but that has cleared up after antibiotics. He isn't on steroids as they can also cause a fluid build up. He looks amazing, his coat is sleek and shiny, he is bright and eating and snuggling up to me at bed time. His temper is better too since the collar has come off.
So, your guess is as good as mine, I did read on the internet to expect 2-6 weeks if he has a lymphoma, but most of the vets are saying it depends on how far advanced his 'cancer ' is. We will continue to keep an eye on him and hope for the best.
I will keep you updated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #63

I hope and pray the second vet is right. Wonderful that he's looking and feeling better and enjoying life.

Cats owned: Domestic short hairs
14-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #64

I'm sure we all appreciate what a difficult time it is for you. My daughter's persian Matty has lymphoma several years ago and went on to live a normal life for nearly a year on steroids before she lost him. I think it does depend on how far the disease had advanced, but if Samson is looking better, then it is a very good sign. Love to you both. Robbiesmum x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
15-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #65

Lovely pic of Samson, he looks a real sweetheart xx.
Like DM, I do so hope that the second vet is right, glad to hear he is improving.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
15-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #66

awww such a beautiful cat, I'm so sorry about your sad news. I hope you can keep him comfortable for as long as possible and keep him happy. Thinking of you xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
16-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #67

I just thought I'd update this because Samson is still with us and doing fairly well.
His thyroid is now ( finally) under contol but he is in CRF, because of this we had to take him off the diuretics. The vets don't think he has any fluid lying in his abdomen just now ( I do ) but because we don't want him on diuretics we are leaving well alone unless it starts to affect him. He is fairly bright, not his old self but that may be more due to his thyroid being stable rather than anything else. He does have a hard lump on his flank, which feels like the others did but it isn't growing so I'm not thinking about it.
I am just grateful he is still with us.