Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: bengal british shorthairs
20-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #1

Back from the vets.

Hello All,
Just got back from the vets with Jake and my little muffin. But was a little upset to find out when we got there muffin real name tiffany muffin is just my pet name for her. Had to have seven teeth out shes only four. What I would like to know why wasn't this picked up on twelve months ago when they last had a check up? Could this all happen in this time? But glad to say they are ok and resting
Mandy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
20-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #2

Re: Back from the vets.

Did Tiffany have a dental last year too? It is possible to need further extractions over that time unfortunately. Glad both cats are ok and getting over the procedure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #3

I'm sorry to hear Muffin needed the extractions; yes it could happen in that time period. Glad they're resting from the dreaded vet visit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #4

Poor wee Muffin! My vet said that diet is only one factor in a cat's dental issues - he thinks that some cats are genetically predisposed to plaque and hence need more dental care than others who eat exactly the same.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
21-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #5

Awh glad all went ok xx

Cats owned: British Shorthair/Selkirk Rex
21-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #6

I agree with Angieh, one of mine needed to have two teeth out recently and she's only 3. She also had a dental check in the past twelve months and my vet said that some cats are predisposed to dental problems.

One interesting thing he did say was that one of his own cats has no teeth at all and manages perfectly well - it seems they don't need teeth to eat, which does seem odd!

Hope Muffin's recovering well.