Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #11

Re: Can a cat be vegan?

Just to add my two penneth .... Your sister obviously and rightly hates animal cruelty but to force a cat to become vegan is in itself cruel and unjust. A cats digestion and metabolism are completely different from that of a dog or a human, which is why it is much more dangerous for a cat to stop eating for a few days than if it were a dog.
I personally beleive that we should not impose our personal/religeous views and beleifs onto our pets.
If it were because of allergies, intolerances, illhealth or such like, I'd be more supportive dietary changes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #12

Re: Can a cat be vegan?

That link I posted is the sort of thing that I find really interesting - not being a scientist I find the differences between species absorbing. Wish I'd had enough brains to be a microbiologist.