Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
22-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #1

Mika has diarrhea

Mika has really bad diarrhea today Im I best to strave her for 24 hours?

Also would it best I keep in her? the OH says let her out but im not too keen on that.

Any advice appreicated

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #2

Re: Mika has diarrhea

Other than that, does she seem OK? If so, yes a no-food interval to let her insides settle down, then something bland like steamed fish or chicken. I'd keep her indoors too, she may have eaten something outside that caused the runs. Also, you can keep an eye on her and see if she is OK or worsens.

Catsey Junior

22-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Other than that, does she seem OK? If so, yes a no-food interval to let her insides settle down, then something bland like steamed fish or chicken. I'd keep her indoors too, she may have eaten something outside that caused the runs. Also, you can keep an eye on her and see if she is OK or worsens.
Thanks for the advice. she does seem fine in herslef apart from being off her normal food, but looknig for food and meowing to go out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #4

sorry to hear Mika has Diarrhea and hope she's feeling better tomorrow. Probably is best to starve her for 24 hours like Eileen says. I understand how difficult it is to keep a cat in that is used to coming and going at will but if you can possibly keep her in i'm sure it will be best.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #5

Poor wee girl, hope she is fine again soon. Timmy had a few "loose" days last week as well. Hate to see them not 100%. Hope she is better very soon. Hugs xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
23-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #6

Missy, had Diarrhea during last night & I'm afraid I fed her & she was off out before I found it. Her tray is in a walk in store cupboard & she had walked passed her tray & 'gone' on the floor behind it. It's the first time in her eight years she's had Diarrhea. She ate very little all yesterday but had some last night just before I went to bed. I shall try starving her now until tomorrow.

Edit.
I'd better explain, the cupboard stores things like toilet rolls, cat litter, laundry stuff, wild bird food & my tumble drier .....

Catsey Junior

23-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttygran
Missy, had Diarrhea during last night & I'm afraid I fed her & she was off out before I found it. Her tray is in a walk in store cupboard & she had walked passed her tray & 'gone' on the floor behind it. It's the first time in her eight years she's had Diarrhea. She ate very little all yesterday but had some last night just before I went to bed. I shall try starving her now until tomorrow.

Edit.
I'd better explain, the cupboard stores things like toilet rolls, cat litter, laundry stuff, wild bird food & my tumble drier .....
I hope Missy is better today. I kept Mika in all evening and last night (she's kept in of a night anyway). did not give her any food at all last night. got up this morning no diarrhea at all. fed her and let her out. she seems a lot better today!

Catsey Junior

23-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for the advice and well wishes. She is totally fine today.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone
Thanks everyone for the advice and well wishes. She is totally fine today.
Good news that Mika is better today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #10

Glad to hear Mika is better - they do worry us don't they?

Nuttygran, how is Missy today?