Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #11

Re: Oedema on ear flap, 2 months now. Operate or leave?

Just a few drops of Rescue Remedy on his ears .... maybe not the sore one! And the Feliway's always an excellent idea

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #12

I was suggesting the Rescue Remedy for YOU Truth!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
17-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #13

Oh ha ha, YES, I don't know who's the most worried angieh, me or Chesi!
Well, we're home now and Chesi's a little wide eyed and spaced out and wobbly, and smells of that stuff the vets always use with GA's but he'll be fine. He didn't recognise me for a good half hour but that's wearing off now quite well and he's showing his usual behaviour of purring when I talk to him and accepting his usual cuddles. His ear looks suprisingly ok, the vet's done a good job there, just a few punture holes and a stitch here and there, good work. The 1st thing Chesi did was to charge the cat flap (should have had that covered before letting him out of the basket) so that's all covered and chair in front so that he doesn't get stressed out by not being able to use it. He's had some steak and hopefully he'll sleep the effects off now that he has some food in him.
So all's well that ends well, he just needs to convalesce and go back in 2 weeks for a check up.

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts and in particular Dandysmom who gave me so much support back when I was nursing my dear boy Putney through the final stages of his illness in 2006, I still miss him to this day and always will. It's always a privilege when an animal lets you share their life, however long or short it may be.
As for Chesi I'm pleased to report he seems to be getting better by the hour!

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #14

Good news that Chesi's home, feeling better and eating!

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #15

I am SO glad to hear the Chesi's home and recovering. Smashing news.

Catsey Senior

18-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #16

Chesi's ear flap is now filling with blood again, so another trip to the vet today to see what can be done. I reckon vet may have to stitch the sides together to prevent blood recollecting. :/ Can't see me letting this happen so soon after what he's been through yesterday, it would be too much on his system.

He's been ok last night if a little restless and wandering around bumping into furniture and architraves and seeing if he'll fit under the bed, so I've been sleeping with one eye open to watch and make sure he has a wee in the litter tray as I know he tends to hold out when he feels under threat. He kept bumping in to the sides of the litter tray too so I popped him in it and he had a quick wee

I've read that a little arnica gel works wonders which I wish I'd have found out before the op, but now Chesi has a buster collar on he may let me give him some oral arnica 30c. If I think it'll help I may end up getting him a bottle. Poor boy, I just want him better & well again

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #17

Oh dear! What's causing it to refill with blood, I wonder? Hope the vet gets it sorted this time;poor little guy!

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #18

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this .... do hope the vet can sort it out. Can you use arnica on an open wound?

Catsey Senior

18-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #19

No, it would smart to use direct, it'll be the arnica liquid 30c in drops. I've spoken with the helpful people at Ainsworth's Homoeopathic's and on recommendation I've instead ordered a bottle of a special post-surgery blend of arnica, calendula, and 2 other remedies that will help with the swelling, blood forming in his ear flap, and clear the toxins from his system post op. I feel awful as I haven't even been able to pay the full vets bill yet, paid most of it but just needed the odd tenner in the bank spare for emergency remedies and food.

He's been hiding away under the bed most of the day. I moved the bed and picked him up and gave him some rehydrating fluid to help clear the chemicals from his body, his ears were cold, and the pupils of his eyes were still large, but after an hour on the sofa with his collar off and a good gentle comb and cuddle his ears are now warm again. Off to vet now to see what she says..wish us luck, ulp!

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #20

Luck vibes coming ..........