Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #11

Re: Vet Visit

Has Tim been poorly, Helen ?
Glad all is ok now anyway.
Super pictures of Tim in his run and little Mindy. That picture of Amber is so huffy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
18-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #12

Yex he appeared fine after his booster Shelley but it didnt last, he went downhill very qyickly & was very ill for a few days. He hasnt been well this week either, sick & loose. Very grumpy. Thankfully its passed & hes back on form. I wonder if it wasnt a throw back to the booster.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
19-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #13

Sorry to hear Tim was poorly again, poor love!
I wouldn't be suprised if it was a reaction to the booster.

http://www.twobitdog.com/DrFox/Cat-V...ocols-Services

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
Sorry to hear Tim was poorly again, poor love!
I wouldn't be suprised if it was a reaction to the booster.

http://www.twobitdog.com/DrFox/Cat-V...ocols-Services
Truth, I know him! He was my neighbor for several years, a lovely man. He took pics of my harness-trained Aby for one of his books! And had a tame wolf!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
19-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #15

Well I never! It's a small world dandysmom..

Of course he's a good man, he's uncovered the truth behind those evil money making companies who prey on ordinary people.

Personally I've seen too many of my cats have reactions or fall ill within 3 months of vaccs, so when all my cats reached 10 I decided I will never get my cats vaccinated again, the contraindictions on the box to every booster or vacc states that the animal must be of sound health before giving vaccs or they may not be effective or cause probs. I certainly wouldn't give my cat any vaccs now unless absoloutley necc, even then I'd think long and hard, my hyperthyroid cat, don't even go there, pointless and potentially very harmful.

I think it's all a matter of choice and how much you think your cat is exposed to, but yearly vaccs are not the choice for my cats anymore.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #16

I agree 100% Leia is indoors, never had shots in her 13 years until I moved into the retirement complex and the rabies shot was mandatory. Fortunately she didn't have a reaction to it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
20-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #17

The trouble is that pet insurance companies insist on vaccinations & boosters. I get reminders from the vet yearly but never take Missy at once but wait a while so that it's longer than twelve months between.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
20-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #18

Its ok though & first & foremost Tim comes first & yes he is basically an indoor cat with access to outdoor run & therefore safe?

Well peep two doors away have 3 cats & they never booster dogs or cats after puppy/kitten vacc. Its only few months since one of their cats had cat flu & he is always hanging round our garden - i had issues with him sitting on top of the run & when one of ours moved he would "growl" at them

I dont know what the answer is..