Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Russian Blue and Tabby
07-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #21

Re: Could it be renal failure?

I have now put on him a bright pink sparkly collar with an engraved tag saying 'do not feed me'.

He didn't like wearing the collar at first but seems to be used it now. We do take it off at night though as it also has a bell on which drove us bonkers the first night he had it on!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #22

So glad that it sounds like Henry is feeling better and that you took him to the vet to get him checked out. His quality of life will be much improved now.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
20-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #23

Thanks for the update JazzHenry, and I hope the vet gets to the bottom of your little tractor-purring-boy's discomfort soon.

Yes, Russians have a low to average longuevity of 10-15 years, but with the utmost tlc and correct care there's no reason why your boy shouldn't be able to make it up there with the 15 year olds, ..or even 15+, you never know

..any recent news?