Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
24-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #1

de-fleaing

toby my older cat his on going issues with fleas.this past yr has been the worst yet,dad took him to the vet today for an update appt

vet says ive got to de flea ALL 3 animals,and the flat,i have no problem with 2 of the animals ,being toby and jack the dog,but cass is another story

i ended up- when she was still quite young taking her to the vet once a yr for a anti flea shot,basically because she wouldnt let me put anything on her,the mere sight of the flea tube,had her screwing up her face and running off,it took me 3 days to put it all on her

so decided,safer for her and me if i took herr for a once a yr injection instead

as i now have to do them all this time,wots the best way to deal with her?? i cant see it being as simple as wrapping her in a towel

even toby as 16 doesnt like the flea stuff on the back of the kneck

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #2

Re: de-fleaing

Can you get someone to hold Cassie while you put the Spot-on onto her neck?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
24-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #3

yeah but she's a bit scatty as it is lol.we will just have to see

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
24-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #4

I used to take Denis for a worming tab to the vet cos there was no way I could do it and he was a pussy cat when we went there!!
As for fleas he doesnt mind the spot on or I would get the vet to inject otherwise to make it less stressful for both of you. Denis doesnt like either spot ons but as he is harnessed I just do it then and let him straight out and he tends to forget about it when in the fresh air

Cats owned: moggy
ferdy is Male
20-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #5

I have to get someone to apply it while i hold (prudence) and the only way i can hold her is by getting hold of her by the neck, doesn't hurt them