Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
25-07-2015, 10:07 AM   #1

Puffing tail up and spinning it like it's an aeroplane propellor

I know what puffed up tail means, but I've noticed something. Sometimes if Ebony comes to find me in a hurry because she's seen something scary (I can tell by her ears being back, her tail being puffed up and the fur along her back being raised) she spins her tail like a propellor? Do you think she's frantically trying to signal something to whatever's scaring her?

For example this morning she came to find me and something had scared her (when she was inside - it was early hours of the morning) and she was spinning her tail like I've already described (puffed up), not sure what she decided was scary but she soon calmed down after I sat with her and gave her some breakfast.

Tigger never finds anything scary - in fact she tries nicking Ebony's breakfast so normally Ebony then tries to help herself to Tigger's breakfast (which is why I supervise mealtimes because Ebony's on a special diet)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #2

Re: Puffing tail up and spinning it like it's an aeroplane propellor

I'd love to see this propellor tail Phoenix - I've certainly seen puffed up "Christmas tree" tail waving from side to side, but never going round!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
26-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #3

Re: Puffing tail up and spinning it like it's an aeroplane propellor

Tried getting a picture of it but Ebony's not playing ball(I got a couple of pictures of her but not doing the propellor tail)