Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #1

Tolly got us worried

OH found Tolly flopped in the garden on Thursday and we thought he had just overheated. He was a bit subdued on Friday and by Saturday was very fed up and growled if we tried to pick him up. We got him to the vet who discovered he had a temperature but could find nothing else wrong so she gave him an AB injection and something else I assume is the feline equivalent of calpol. Two hours later he was much improved. We took him back today for a second AB injection and his temperature is down. He is snoozing now but seems much better. He HATES the car and howled all the way yesterday. Today he took silent but smelly revenge..........
Apparantly he was probably scratched by something and had an infection, nothing worse than that. Phew!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #2

Re: Tolly got us worried

As you say, phew - they do love to worry us. Glad he's ok now. Wonder what scratched him? Guess you'll never know.

Catsey Veteran

25-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #3

We can't even find the scratch!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #4

What a worry! Glad to hear that Tolly is on the mend. Poor boy must have felt rough.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
25-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #5

I've seen cats with cat bite abscesses and they can be so poorly, but after the first injection they alway look so much better- Im alway amazed at how quickly antibiotics work.
Glad he is OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #6

Glad Tolly is ok

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #7

Poor sweetie, glad he's feeling better now and back to his normal self. Give him a cuddle from me.

Catsey Veteran

26-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #8

Thanks, he is much better now. I tried to give him a cuddle but he is back to being 'roughty toughty'- I'll catch him unaware with a chin tickle soon!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
29-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #9

Glad Tolly is on the mend - I know Max was bitten on the leg by a neighbour s cat one Christmas and by evening he was off his food, moping, crying when touched and he needed anti biotics etc. My other cat Smudge though, same cat involved, big mean Tom that was nt neutered (so annoying for me as he constantly picked on other cats) came in one morning covered in fresh blood, and I mean covered. He was tabby and white and his white chest was scarlet. He sat and cleaned his paws very unconcerned that I was having a screaming fit and my son looked closer and saw a bite. The vet said it was so deep in the chest cavity he did nt know if it had even affected his heart, dosed him up etc and told me to keep him in and take him back the next day. Yet Smudge showed no signs of illness or pain and wanted to go back out not long after. (Needless to say, he did nt for a few days.) Amazing the different pain thresh holds there. Smudge used up all his nine lives and then some. What a nuisance an un neutered Tom can be though. (my neighbours.) Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #10

Poor Tolly, glad he is on the mend xxx
Could he have eaten a bug or bluebottle maybe?