Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #11

Re: RIP Brrrrp

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
10-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #12

she was beautiful R.I.P big girl

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #13

Lenore - she sounds a very special cat - it's the ones that survive against the odds that are often the more full of character.

Sorry she's gone but I suspect she continues to live in your heart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
10-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #14

R.I.P. Little one x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies!
10-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #15

Unfortunately for her she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box either (though that made her all the more endearing to me!). For most of her life we lived next to a marina in London, here...
..One night (about 11pm) during the summer Brrrrp was out and we heard an enormous racket outside, you know what cats sound like when they fight , followed by an almighty splash, my OH looked at me and said "I think a cat fell in the marina...........I bet it was our cat who fell in the marina!". So we dashed outside and sure enough there she was in hanging on, for what appeared to be dear life, mewing this horrible 'help me' mew, to the chain round the edge! So OH jumped in after her......at which point Brrrrrp, fairly sure he was trying to drown her - why else would he jump in , swam to one of the wooden supports of the walkway, climbed up it and ran to me, who was calling her at the other side of the GATE (oh yes) to the marina. While I took her inside showered her and then dried her, he had to climb out of the dock - cracking a rib in the process - and knock on boat windows til he found someone to open the gate for him, I'm not sure how he explained himbelf TBH

**I may add that I sobbed throughout this whole process because while I knew cats can swim I wasn't sure Brrrrps tiny cat brain did!! I also took her to a rather 'intrusive' vets appt the next day, worried she had swallowed Thames water...............Poor OH was left to find out if he was OK in due course despite the 'heroic rescue'

I do miss all our crazy adventures

ooh found another pic of her before she lost her yella belly (well its starting to go but still!)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #16

Oh dear what a frightening experience for you both ..... glad it all ended well....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #17

She was certainly some cat Lenore. It's nice to have such vivid memories of her x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #18

OMG!!! Sorry, but PMSL laughing at your OH cracking a rib whilst the cat dragged herself out unhurt

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies!
10-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
OMG!!! Sorry, but PMSL laughing at your OH cracking a rib whilst the cat dragged herself out unhurt
I know!! - I may have had a chuckle myself, behind the safety of the bedroom door

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #20

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that conveyed such a vivid picture of her yowling for help and then rescuing herself..and your poor OH...sorry, gotta laugh! Great story!