Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #21

Re: Dandy 1987 - 2001

Hope no one is getting bored with this, but he was such a character! Dandy was pet quality, I got him not to show, just because I wanted the Pura personality. Anyhow, my friends who bred Oriental shorthairs were going to a show in Gaithersburg nearby, and said, why didn't I bring Dandy who could just be on exhibition. I thought that would be fun, so entered him, made some lovely sea-green curtains for his cage & off we went. He adored the car ride as usual, and being fussed over at the show...Puras were quite rare then. Anyhow, two very nice young men stopped by his cage to admire him, and said that was the second Pura they'd seen, and proceeded to tell me that when they were in Washington, a Pura on a leash came over to their car as they were getting out and wanted to get in!! I asked if that happened to be on 38th Street, they said yes, so I said this is the Pura!! Dandy used to embarrass me all the time doing that when we were out walking,,,he loved car rides and always wanted to get in strangers cars!! Small world, isn't it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #22

What a character!!! How on earth could we be bored, these storys are just wonderful, I can see exactly why he was so special to you Eileen!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #23

Fancy that! I don't suppose there are too many cats go out walkies though!

He certainly was a very special boy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #24

Thanks all for your lovely comments! It was fun to share some of the stories about the Dandy cat, glad you enjoyed them. Wait till August on Sultan's anniversary and I can tell more funnies about "The Emperor of Benton Street" , as a neighbor used to call him! Seriously, it did make me feel better sharing some of Dandy's life with you all; he was a special cat, and you are a special group of friends! Thanks for being there.......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #25

(((((hugs))))) Eileen