Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #41

Re: Stand by

Right people the jest about the candle was not as funny tonight as it was yesterday.

John the chap concerned lovely lovely man has not seen Mom or it’s since yesterday.

However I arrived at 4.15 straight from work and left at 6.30…imagine an old cinema if you will an old town hall that sort of building Victorian red brick, the cats/kittens live in the basement/cellar which is about the size of Lord knows how big John the chap I met said there were about 5 rooms that are about 6ft (I guess) deep in water…. he has never been in them in the 15 years he’s been there….anyhow I got there met John a lovely man, he opened a big steel door and we descended to darkness total darkness…you needed a torch to see in front of you, are various storage rooms, imagine some about the size of a treble garage some about the size of a double garage some like 10ft x 7ft… each leading off corridors (for want of a better word)in each room there are generators, sofa’s chairs, filing cabinets, racking (the company is a events company setting but big displays like at NEC etc….so loads shelving/racking/beams/wooden shelving /metal shelving…..pipes/banners/shrinkwrap/plastic/papers/boxes/containers/honestly you need to be careful standing up let alone and walking more than say 4 paces….in a clear area…any more than 4 steps would b wishful thinking, the cats Mom and older kitsx2 are coming and going via a barred up window (imagine a jail cell from a western) like that the men have put a plank about 30ft long from the floor to the window which we have now removed to stop the kittens getting out no way they would climb up without the plank. We also moved the food so we have at least a 4ft area of reasonable clear space where he sees them eat in the morning….so we can have a good idea how many kits and where they come out from….which we don’t know yet neither does he. He first saw them the kittens last week all of a sudden instead of Bill Ben (two 6 month old kittens) he was surrounded by 4+ tiny kittens…………they have never been handled and he guesses about 3-4 weeks. As I did not see a whole kitten I can’t agree disagree…

As I was going John was showing me where the cats come go from via the ground level right next to main road…. Any way as we turned the corner we saw Mom cat….shoot in the window she is from what little I saw from torchlight a semi long haired tortie I THINK mainly white but John confirmed she is semi longhaired and white black brown and he thinks grey… so back we went back into the basement….torches at the ready this time. And low and behold I saw the back leg/bum of a kitten what size it was no one could tell it was so fast straight into a pipe……….. But white with I think black leg… I was a whole room away.

Anyhow upshot is food is now in a area that is 4ft clear and must easier to get to but doubt we will catch the kittens….they are no where to be seen without Mom and Mom is I think too clever to be caught…..out. And knows the cellar like the back of her paw, he is ringing me tomorrow morning when he goes in to see them at 8am and hopeful he see’s the kittens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #42

That basement sounds like something from a horror movie - you are so brave Kazz, and pitch black too. It'll take a miracle to catch those kits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #43

Oh my word. what a description ...sounds like something in a horror movie! I doubt you're going to be able to catch those kittens, Kazz. Can you use traps?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #44

Well done Karen. If you / he catches them and they are little - we will take them in, but if they can't be handled / are over about 7 weeks, they'll have to be put back there with the others (TNR) ..... keep me posted and again thanks & well done.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #45

Well done Kazz, that must have been quite an exercise for you going into a place like that.

It does sound as though it's going to be a hard task trying to catch the mum and kittens though....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #46

Another well done Kazz! sounds like its going to be a major job catching them....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #47

Bloody hell Kazz, that sounds like quite an adventure, and not one I'd care to take. All the very best with the TNR xxx

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #48

I am not sure we/he will catch anything, but we can only try. But far far from hopeful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #49

It sounds soooo terrible down there in the basement in the dark, it dosen`t sound like somewhere that I would like to visit let alone live, its amazes me how these cats can actually survive in alot of these places, mind you they can be real tough cookies can`t they.
Well fingers crossed that you do manage to get hold of them and rescue the little sweeties, it does certainally sound abit like "mission impossible" though , GOOD LUCK.

Catsey Veteran

19-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #50

Kittes not seen again this morning. Nor Mom but the two older ones were in evidence last night according to the night watchman...but two factories down.