Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
30-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #11

Re: paypal pyramid scheme

its been going around for a long time now but i dont think it works at all

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
30-01-2006, 01:45 AM   #12

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is

Anyone offering you a share in millions if you help them launder it is lying to you as well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #13

oh LMC i had tonnes of them sort of emails, things like My late grandfather was an african tribal leader and we cant hold of his money etc etc etc.

Hmm, cos I am dumb enough to fall for that lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
31-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #14

I've not received anything like that. Altho I had a very strange email from someone from America via eBay trying to get me account info.

They sent me the email which looks exactly like the ones you get from eBay members. Anyways, there was a item number which was not found and the listing finished 25th January 2006, in his message he said 'It has been 2 months since I paid for this item and i am loosing my patience. This is my last warning. Reply to me or i shall report you to eBay and the police.'

Yeah right.....2 months since you paid for an item which the number is not found and the listing was dated as finishing a week ago.

When such emails are received it can be easy to fall into the trap of replying to them especially if you haven't really got time to read the full email

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #15

So do Paypal and Ebay not monitor thes types of emails? They are predatory and potentially illegal. I'm especially surprised at Paypal if they are instigating this type of scam.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #16

there are emailaddresses to forawrd spoofs to, either spoof@ebay.co.uk for fake ebay ones, or spoff@paypal.co.uk

but i have never known them take any action. I get loads from peple from ebay demanding i send thier item, i dont even have a sellers account. I also get them to emails not even registered with ebay!
generally i dont answer anything through my email account, only through my ebay account.

Ebay do very little about anything much really, and as paypal are run by ebay theyre the same!
makes u laff really, ebay charges you, then paypal charges you, so you're actually getting charged twice over by same company!

seems all theyre interested in is making money.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
31-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #17

Yep your right there CJK, all they do is send you an email confirming that the emails are/aren't from them....end of story.