Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
01-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #31

Re: Jennie - Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Oh no, how absolutely terrible and sickening. Can't blame the dog really, but his owner must be some kind of sick person to do that. I really am so very sorry. Poor little cat and how awful for all of you. ((hugs))

I certainly hope something can be done about the sick individual who allowed this to happen.
Thank you Kim, I don't blame the dog at all. These sort of people shouldn't own dogs if they are going to do this with them. Then again I don't think he deserves to be on the face of the earth after what he did.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
02-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #32

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news.

I am so so sorry I hope you find the idiot who set the dog on her.

This country just gets worse

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #33

Oh Kelly - I'm so so sorry to hear this news. How awful. People never cease to amaze me.

RIP Jennie - play hard at the Bridge sweetheart.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Birman
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #34

What a terrible thing to happen. So sorry to hear this.

Please let us know if you can trace the owner of the dog, and tell the police.

Sleep well, no fears, Jennie. Scilla

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #35

I could not stop thinking about this last night. I wish the owner of that dog were shut in a small room with two trained vicious pit bulls......see how he likes it then ...

Catsey Veteran

02-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #36

Thank you everyone for your support, it's really appreciated, it may sound silly but has really urged me on to get things moving and find the monster who murdered our Jen.

Bit of an update, we have a name and address, he's known to do this and has also killed dogs in a brutal manner. We've been told the same name over and over from a bunch of different sources, even 2 stranger who overheard my father in the police station came up with same name saying 'he's always doing it'.

The police don't want to know really as we don't have enough proof that it was him but they are yet to speak to my neighbour and they won't come out and see him, they have said he has to contact them so my father is going to have a word with him and ask him to make his own report. I wonder if my neighbour could identify him it would be enough? I'm sure it would if it were a human so maliciously murdered but not for a cat, an equal of God's creatures? The paper are coming over tomorrow morning to interview us and i'm to ring the RSPCA today and report it to them too.

So at least we know who it was even if the police don't want to know, (can't say I am surprised) but maybe the RSPCA will redeem my faith in them, won't hold my breath but you never know. Will keep you posted. Thanx again for your support, hope we finally get some justice for Jennie.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #37

Just to let you all know that the reporters have been and it will be in the local newspaper within the next few days so i'll let you know what the report is like when it comes out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #38

Full marks to you for putting your grief aside for a while in order to mobilise this kind of activity. Kelly - we're all hoping that this ahem . . . nasty person, is caught and dealt with - one way or another.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #39

Excellent news that the reporters have been! Has your witness been persuaded to go to the police to make a statement yet? Nothing will bring little Jenny back but if that monster can be punished it should bring a little solace and closure...I'm sure I'm not the only one praying for that end...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #40

From what you say Kelly, it has not been a one-off attack. Let's hope people who have witnessed these atrocious acts can be persuaded to go to the police and make statements. Presumably, the police have no power to act in such cases, but I would expect the RSPCA to do something. Please let us know how this progresses.

In loving memory of Jennie-Leigh XXX