Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #21

Re: help with the cats' diet-i want something better for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
I'd check on the box the pouches come in, or on the back of the dry food, but from what I can remember it seems to go something along the lines of that if you feed acat an 100g pouch in a day, then you want to feed 40g dry food... So if that 100g pouch is split between 2 I'd guess it would be 80g dry food... But that is depending on size of cat with more for larger cats and less for smaller ones... I *think* that was what was suggested for a 4kg cat...
Thanks for that. They are only small cats haven't been weighed for a while but I'd say no more than 3kg each maybe 2.5kg each. Will try them with some mince tomorrow maybe, just need to decide on what biscuits. I'd look online but my laptop has decided to die and it's too much hassle on my phone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
19-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #22

Re: help with the cats' diet-i want something better for them

OK. I just checked with the dried food I've in, and it was something quite a bit less than 40g for a 2.5 KG cat - say about 25g? But if you get a better quality dry food (which may well mean you need to feed less of it) then the packet it comes in will tell you how much you need to feed for the amount of wet you feed them...