Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #1

Snodgrass' seizure.

After months of being seizure free, my poor Snodgrass had a massive seizure last night. Nothing seemed to bring it on. I came home from work to find him dribbling profusely in the back conservatory and trying to hide. I knew straight away what was coming and he was rushed to the emergency ve.tThe seizure seemed to go on for a long time despite the medication, and I really thought I was going to lose him. However he came out of it and after 3 hours I was able to take him home again.Snoddy caught toxoplasmosis as a young kitten and has suffered from seizures ever since. I thought he was over them ,but evidently not.Luclkily he is fine today, albeit a bit quiet.I'm keeping the other cats away from him to give him a chance to rest. Hopefully he will start eating again soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: Snodgrass' seizure.

I'm so sorry to read this dinky. Gentle hugs *or Snoddy and *or you too.

(Sorry my letter * is subbing *or the letter a*ter "e" which has given up the ghost!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #3

so sorry to hear this, perhaps he is just a bit under the weather and that caused him to have another seizure.
I take it he doesn't need regular medication.
I had an elderly dog once who had seizures and it affected him before, obviously during and then for a few days after .
Hope Snodgrass begins eating soon

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
11-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #4

Poor Snoddy, hope he recovers soon. It must be quite frightening for him. Barnaby sends furry hugs to you and Snodgrass.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, especially you, Barnaby. I'm happy to say that Snoddy is eating and appears totally well again. He is on daily medication for seizures anyway and that one just came out of the blue. Hopefully he won't have another as the medication has been keeping him free of them.I think I just panicked because I thoughrt he was over them and it was such a long one. Anyway, all's well that ends well. Love to all cats and dogs on Catsey, especially Katie and Bovril.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
11-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #6

Sorry about Snodgrass. Our Corrie the collie is epileptic and it's horrible to behold, I can't imagine how bad it must be to see in a cat. Corrie is on epiphen and is fairly well controlled, if things are stressful or he doesnt get enough exercise, that can trigger one. It's amazing how they recover although during the fit, I always worry he won't come out of it.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
12-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #7

Good news about Snodgrass, so glad he is well and eating. Hopefully he will be free of seizures in the future.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #8

glad Snodgrass is better

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #9

It's good to hear that Snoddy is eating and appears to have recovered well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #10

Sorry to read about Snodgrass's seizure Dinky hope he's better today. Must have been quite upsetting for you too. Hugs all round x