Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #21

Re: Cat dreams

I sort of think that if ghosts exist (and I think they do) they don't necessarily get seen where their bodies were buried, but in the place that, for whatever reason, "attracted" them the most when they were alive.

Which is an odd thing to think really. I saw a ghost on a bicycle cycling up the main road in the pouring rain near a hospital. I was a child in a car with my dad, who was driving. I yelled out to him to mind the person on the bike!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #22

I'm inclined to agree, Angie. Both Virginia's bed-jumping ghost cat and my Su-ling were buried in their gardens, and their homes were the important parts of their lives, so natural that they would appear there. That's eerie about the biker! Wonder if he were kiled in a RTA there??

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #23

That's what I suppose Eileen, though I never proved it.

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #24

No way to know, but it does make you wonder. Have you ever taken any of those tests to determine if you have any psi abilities? I have, and..... don't...

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #25

No I haven't taken any tests! When I was at college as a teenager we had an open day and my mum came along. We were running a test in the Biology Dept to see if anyone could pick up shapes/colours telepathically - my mum scored 10 out of 10 - but we could never get such good scores when the test was repeated! How she did it the first time beats me. Just good guessing??? Who knows!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
22-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #26

When we first lost Beauty I was forever seeing her around the house, in the garden and at the end of the bed where she used to sleep.

I do believe in ghosts, I've not seen any but I have sensed one before, in our old house (I think it was a relative, I just remember feeling someone stroking my hair when no one was in the room)

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #27

The deceased former owner of Virginia's house had been a cigar smoker....and for years, she'd suddenly get a whiff of cigar smoke in the house....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh wow, fascinating; that's a big interest of mine! I take Archaeology magazine. Where did you dig?
I dug in the UK, Italy and Hungary. Met my husband on a dig in Yorkshire and ended up in a field in North Norfolk three days after we got married- in December! It was an 'emergency' dig because a metal detector had found Iron Age Torcs. My husband still earns his living digging but I moved into education and outreach. I miss digging but don't miss digging in the UK in the winter! I think archaeologists tend to be sceptics about the supernatural or digging could be quite difficult.

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
I dug in the UK, Italy and Hungary. Met my husband on a dig in Yorkshire and ended up in a field in North Norfolk three days after we got married- in December! It was an 'emergency' dig because a metal detector had found Iron Age Torcs. My husband still earns his living digging but I moved into education and outreach. I miss digging but don't miss digging in the UK in the winter! I think archaeologists tend to be sceptics about the supernatural or digging could be quite difficult.
How fascinating! Thanks for sharing that; did you rescue the torcs? It must be an incredible feeling holding something like that from our past.

Re skepticism...maybe there's a sort of statute of limitations, so to speak about hauntings ...the energy or whatever dissapates with time? The so called King Tut's Curse wasn't true.....

In my younger days I wanted to be an archaeologist .....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #30

What a very interesting post! Dreams, ghosts and archaelogy. I always have vivide dreams and believe they do 'mean' something. I do believe in ghosts, especially that they will return to an area that means something to them, although I believe they can also travel to the person even if they have never been where the person is. After my Grandad passed away I was lying in bed one evening and had a sudden 'sense' of him, suddenly had lots of memories of him and I could smell very strongly whisky and tobacco (he smoked rolly-ups and loved a glass or two of Grouse ) He had never been to my flat in Glasgow but he had come to say goodbye.

I sadly never saw the ghost of my first childhood cat although would have loved to. I like to think he's still playing in our old walled garden even though we no longer live there.

What a lovely dream you had Angie, I love dreams that leave you feeling peaceful and content when you wake up