Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4x non pedigree
28-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #11

Re: So Expensive!!!!!

Hi all

Thanks for your input.

I decided to sit down & work out how much it costs me per cat per week as i dont really want to change them as they love it so much & do really well on it.

It worked out that a 10kg bag of RC lasting my 6x cats 5 weeks, was only £1.40 per week per cat.

It says its self really when worked out it is not expensive at all. I have decide to stay with RC, its just the initial lay out cost that is a lot. I have run out at the moment & am having to use tesco until Tuesday & i can tell you my lot are not very happy about it.

Once again many thanks

Amanda

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-11-2008, 12:30 AM   #12

You're so right Amanda, as is Smudgely. Although it seems expensive in reality it isn't so - as with anything in life; if you pay a little more it's usually because there is added value to what you're buying.

I've fed RC for over 11 years to 2 of my 3 cats and they are thriving on it (being persian and fickle health-wise I'm delighted with this fact). I tried mixing in Burns - of which I'd heard great things, a couple of months ago but the resulting stomach upsets across all 3 cats wasn't worth contemplating again.

Having said that - I can't categorically say that this was the problem but it was one in a list of 3 and I'm not going to take the chance until I can measure more scientifically.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
You get what you pay for.

If you want the best food for your cats, unfortunately you have to pay the price.

I have 4 cats on RC and it is expensive, but I feel they're worth it.

Absolutely agree!! I have 9 cats all fed on Royal Canin Sensible 33. They love it, it suits them and they look so good on it

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #14

I've been using Royal Canin Kitten 36 10KG bag for £40.99 delivered from on-line shop, at the moment you also get a free cat bed with the deal. If you want an invite to the site let me know you get £3 off your first order with the invite code.
I'm going to stick with Royal Canin but just try and get the best price i can by shopping around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
01-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Absolutely agree!! I have 9 cats all fed on Royal Canin Sensible 33. They love it, it suits them and they look so good on it
I have 6 on it and have tried others but its wasted, I have a sack of Iams they wont eat in the cupboard now!

I get mine from the warehouse though, so its much much cheaper than the shops.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
01-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
I have 6 on it and have tried others but its wasted, I have a sack of Iams they wont eat in the cupboard now!

I get mine from the warehouse though, so its much much cheaper than the shops.
how do you get it from the warehouse??trade only?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #17

My cats are not fussy cats when it comes to food and i have tried Burns, Orijen etc in an atempt to make sure my cats were getting the best diet possible, but have found myself back to using RC as its the only one that they dont seem to tire of. All the others, they like initially but then turn their noses up after a time.

Cats owned: Siberian
za9za00 is Male
04-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisisboss

Just a example: whats really the difference?

Royal Canin Adult Complete Fit Cat Food with Poultry 2kg: £13.49

Dehydrated Poultry Meats, Maize, Rice, Maize Gluten, Animal Fat, Vegetable Fibres, Hydrolysed Animal Proteins, Vegetable Protein Isolate (L.I.P Protein) Beet Pulp, Yeasts, Minerals, Soya Oil, Sodium Phosphates, Fish Oil, Egg Powder, Dl-Methionine, Yeast Extract (Source Of Manno-Oligo-Saccharides), L-Lysine, Taurine, Marigold Extract (Source Of Lutein)

Typical Analysis:
Moisture 7%, Protein 32%, Oils and Fats 15%, Fibre 17.4%, Ash 7.1%

Whiskas Adult Complete Cat Food with Chicken & Vegetables 4kg: £9.69 (double the amount for £3.80 less)

Cereals, Meat and Animal Derivatives (Chicken/ Meats), Vegetable Protein Extracts, Oils and Fats, Minerals, Vegetables (Carrots, Peas). With Antioxidants, Preservatives and Colourants (Permitted EC Additives).

Typical Analysis:
Moisture 0%, Protein 32%, Oils and Fats 12.5%, Fibre 1.5%, Ash 8%

Hills Science Plan Feline Adult Cat Food with Rabbit 2kg: £13.99

With Rabbit (Min. Rabbit 8%): Chicken and Turkey Meal, Ground Rice, Ground Maize, Animal Fat, Maize Gluten Meal, Rabbit Meal, Digest, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Calcium Sulphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Dl-Methionine, Taurine, Vitamins and Trace Elements. Naturally Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract

Typical Analysis:
Moisture 5.5%, Protein 32.1%, Oils and Fats 20.8%, Fibre 1.1%, Ash 3.11%

Have a look at the following site to understand the difference in the pack contents http://www.pet-food-choice.co.uk/pet...ngredients.htm
Andrew