Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #1

Pampered Strays!

As in most countries, there were a lot of stray cats in Tunisia. One elderly German couple in our hotel got really attached to two of them in the gardens. They used to come down to their loungers every day with a bag of sausages from the breakfast buffet. These two cats used to race over to them, sit on one of the loungers and be hand fed the sausages! Lunchtime, they fed the cats yoghurt and in the afternoon it was more sausages and bacon! Talk about spoilt! It was quite entertaining watching them.
The couple flew home the day before us so we don't know if the cats were missing them or not but I hope some other kind souls will continue giving them titbits.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
18-05-2004, 09:16 PM   #2

Re: Pampered Strays!

Aww I'm surprised you didnt kidnap them and bring them back with you!! *Meow*... What was that noise?!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
20-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #3

I was in a town off the Red sea in Egypt, we had gone to a local fish resteurant to have a meal. As there was more fish than I could eat I gave some to the local moggies. One tom cat sat next to me and let me fuss him. Next minute he was gone under the table and strange noises could be heard. Being nosey I had a look and thought bit mean he is fighting a smaller black cat. When it struck me there wasn't much movement for a fight and slowly it dawned on me he was mating not fighting!!!!!!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
20-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #4

That kinda thing is also in this country.Ferals are mainly cats people dont want and theres a lot around to.I have a group here .Mum was dumped and had kittens last year(Jan).RSPCA/local rescue didnt want to know so we ended up feeding the kits she has had 3 litters since(all in one year)I had to pay for spaying of the whole lot as we didnt want to get over run and now they are a happy bunch.You can get close enough to a couple and they are now letting us touch them,taken a year as these were the first litter

Global Moderator

20-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #5

I had the same problem with ferals Sam. Unfortunately I managed to catch one of the pregnant ones and took her to the cats/RSPCA home and it had an unfortunate ending. I posted the story a couple of weeks ago

Global Moderator

20-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #6

Paula, it seems the cats are encouraged into the restaurants abroad to clear up the food that's dropped on the floor - I suppose it saves so much cleaning up

Must say I've only seen them eating though!