Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #11

Re: New lappy!

I love the versatility of a laptop. This one certainly does everything that the childrens' desktop computers can do and more!! I'd never be with out a lappy now. I love being able to have it in the living room, garden, kitchen, bedroom etc...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
20-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #12

I have a lap top but didn't realise that a notebook was the same thing I thought they were a smaller version with less power etc (let OH do the technical stuff)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #13

Sounds lovely Fran..... there will be no stopping you now!

Catsey Veteran

20-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #14

I think Notebook is a loose term for laptop?? Anyhow this one says on the front that it is a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC. I went for a 15.4in widescreen brightview display in the end. I was fancying a 17in but felt it might be too big to sit on my lap I've also invested in one of those laptop coolers as my legs have been red raw in the past with the heat that the lap top throws out. I'm extrememly pleased with that too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I love the versatility of a laptop. This one certainly does everything that the childrens' desktop computers can do and more!! I'd never be with out a lappy now. I love being able to have it in the living room, garden, kitchen, bedroom etc...
Question: don't they eat batteries? Can you recharge them overnight? How often do you have to buy new batteries? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I spend a lot of time on the desktop.....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #16

That's a good question Eileen, I'd like to know the answer to that too....

Catsey Veteran

20-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Question: don't they eat batteries? Can you recharge them overnight? How often do you have to buy new batteries? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I spend a lot of time on the desktop.....
They have a rechargable battery. I rarely run mine off the battery tbh. I use mine plugged in most of the time although it's recommended that you take the battery out of it if you run it off the mains regularly aparantly...

Catsey Veteran

21-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #18

Here's the spec and a piccie

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...ang= en&cc=uk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
21-08-2007, 08:05 AM   #19

Very nice Fran thats the same as our last one that died,it had a sever accident and never recovered
We have had laptops for the last 5 years now and there is no way I could be without one,the time inbetween the other one dieing and buying this one was hell!!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #20

Very nice PK, makes a difference when it does what you want when you want doesn't it??
I have always had a notebook laptop, and as you say does everything a more than some Desktops....