Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #1

Smokey Bacon Wednesday

Goooooood Morning Catsey ( my Robin Williams nod there)

Well, I did a quick post last night and mentioned a bit of a happening that took place in our house. The thing is, I have been like the Pied Piper of Stray Cats Wales lately, three tom cats have been fed by me for ages. All are either feral, strays or chancers, i.e., other people put-outs that come for a quick snack. Anyway, I digress, On Sunday as the rains came down heavy a pretty tortoiseshell came here and although a bit timid she was friendly. By Monday after so much rain I decided to see if she was approachable, she was, she allowed me to pick her up, I brought her inside. She's a fur babe, took her to vet, no chip, ear mites and some bad teeth about 7 years old, I think she's been dumped or owner died
She's litter trained and I've got her in the back room away from P&P - still looking for an owner but I'm getting close to her. She's like Posh crossed with Pandora, I think she's part Persian as she's so docile.
I'll post a pic when I've gone to Photobucket.
Excited much x

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #2

Re: Smokey Bacon Wednesday

Here's the Fluffy Puss I'm caring for, and falling in love with

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #3

Oh I LIKE LIKE LIKE HER.

Welcome to Catsey little girl. What names are you considering......another P name?

Peaches, Paprika, Pippa, Prudence, Puzzle, Pixie????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #4

Oh sorry people got excited on the new arrival. So here is my news, no work today but have to take the car to the garage the windscreen wipers have stopped working. Ho Hum.

Zorba the Siamese fighting fish is doing well will pot a picture of him.

So that's me done for now back shortly. Have to get out before it rains and I need the wipers........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #5

Morning PP ......... she's a babe isn't she? And one lucky babe too. Perdita (if you remember your 101 Dalmatians!) means "lost" and begins with "P". Purdy for short???

Morning Kazz, good to hear from you. Yes, you do need windscreen wipers atm!

Not much going on here - I am trying to do some layering with script. Trying to find out some bits online but I think it comes under "advanced techniques" - I'm not advanced but I like the look of it so may be jumping the gun a bit .............. roll on October when I can get back to class!

OH is creosoting the shed and trying to decide whether to go to agility this evening. He's landed up in a group that just chats and doesn't listen to the trainer so he's fed up and only gets about 5 mins run around the course out of a whole hour. Only a few more weeks before Wednesday evening is changed to winter Sunday afternoons and he'll be able to change group. He will take Monty to training afterwards in any case.

Have a good day folks. Cuddles to all Catsey cats, dogs and fighting fish from me!!!

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #6

Hi both! I've been a lazy mare this morning and spent all my time on the computer Doing things though, sorting out my finances and ordering bras from figleaves, and catching up with some lost and found animals on the 'place that cannot be named'

I haven't given my little friend a name yet, just calling her Puss. I like Perdita though, or Purdey. I also thought of Pippa, Kazz and I like Portia, as I love Shakespeare- maybe spell it Pawsha

What's your Siamese fighting fish called Kazz, now that's a great one to choose for- Shogun? Jackie Chan?

Going to move the chicken ark later for them to have fresh grass, it's soggy where they are now. Also there is a nice ceramic pot that I want to move to the front of the bungalow to put my artificial bay tree in. Ceri can help me lift that, it will take two to move it, I don't have a wheel barrow anymore.

Good luck with the car and the calligraphy. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #7

Hello all,
The furry cat is lovely- I could get very confused if you call her Pippa though!

Changing windscreen wipers is one of those jobs that foxes me for a while and then suddenly I can see it and get the dratted things on!

I am in further disgrace with Smudge today- her rear end has got a little 'messy' so I have bought some pet wipes to try and clean her up- Madam is NOT impressed, Madam is, however, slightly cleaner than she was!

Hope you enjoy your advanced calligraphy Angie- I can barely write legibly so I'm impressed.

Back to timeline planning -could do with some calligraphy skills to write dates.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #8

"Back to timeline planning -could do with some calligraphy skills to write dates."

Could you use stencils???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #9

More likely a fix on the computer - you wouldn't believe how ham fisted I am and what a mess I could make even with stencils!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #10

afternoon all.
Nette no wonder you are falling in love with the new girl, she's very pretty. She looks a bit skinny to me, i do hope you manage to keep her.
CS, oh dear , sorry you are in the bad books with Smudge, tell Madam that one cant go about with a dirty rear end