Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #1

Sunday morning

Good morning everyone.
Well 20th February almost March and the hint of Spring is just around the corner you can see the flag waving....announcing its arrival.
As you can see I am in an upbeat mood today. I was out for a meal with friends last night and had a good time.
Brought a nice couple of phorniums in the week and intended to plant them in pots but now not sure will have to see.

Roast beef for dinner today and its a drizzly sort of day here. Going to try and plant up the remaining daff and tulip bulbs today, trying for a burst of Spring colour and cheerfulness in the coming months.

Anyhow I hope you are all good, and as I type this I am watching the Sky+'d 2nd episide of masterchef I think I like this new format. Still unsure but entertaining tv without the hype of reality shows.

Anyhow Good mornng all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #2

Re: Sunday morning

Morning Kazz and other later arrivals

Having a lazy Sunday here (as usual ) just on my 2nd cup of coffee, cats still snoozing, Morgan has just been outside for *ahem! OH is in the shower and my cat scratch from yesterday is rather sore

Lamb steaks for lunch, I'll do a redcurrant sauce for them, but no pudding, can't be doing with all those calories! plenty of fresh fruit available, yoghurts, ice-cream, cheese and biscuits for OH to choose from. Dull weather but we're not going out so it doesn't matter!

Sundays are meant for unwinding!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
20-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #3

Tim has been taken, boo. Still, theres plenty more cats in the, um, sea? Hope you enjoy masterchef Kazz, some "interesting" dishes this week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #4

Hi all - just waiting for some friends to pop in - we've not seen them for 4 years as they went to livein Devon. They're here for a week so it'l be nice to catch up.

Wet here - again. Beef OLives for dinner tonight.

Good to see you back StrictMachine - wondered if you were ok.

Hope that scratch gets better soon MrsH. Kazz , I love masterchef.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #5

Afternoon everyone! It's a bit chilly here but we have had a bit of sunshine this morning. Snowdrops are out and plenty of other bulbs are pushing upwards. Forsythia is beginning to bloom and the winter jasmine is in full flower - well has been for a while now. Must get on with pruning the gooseberry bush and cutting down some of the ornamental grasses. Thinking about seeds ...... my gardening chap has started cleaning the greenhouse for me, so maybe next weekend I can start planning the plantings. Not going to bother with aubergines this year in the greenhouse, but tomatoes did very well last year and so did chilli peppers.

Isn't it funny about cookery-type progs? I cannot abide them, but OH is hooked. He particularly likes Come Dine with Me ..... says he likes the chap who does the voice-over who has a good sense of humour. We are not at all compatible with our viewing likes and dislikes.

Have a great day everyone. I like the sound of lamb and redcurrant sauce. We will be having home made carrot and coriander soup tonight. Good thing too as it's a bit nippy today.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
20-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #6

I had technical issues caused by my own stupidity but they have mostly been amended now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #7

Sorry - meant to put in my post - PHORMIUMS Kazz? What sort have you bought? They do well in pots in my experience. Also, if they are smallish now, they are easily moved into shelter during bad weather. Although generally hardy, they can be damaged by high winds and cold wet weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #8

afternoon all.
Had a nice lie in this morning, then a very long walk by the river which has burst it's banks again. It looked quite spectacular. Very tired now, Malaika is squashed on my knee as i type.
Going to watch Bangok Hilton, a mini series on dvd lent to me by a friend.
Tea will be whatever we can find, i realy need to do a food shop tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
20-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #9

good day all! another one having a lazy sunday over here!
was having a nice lie in until the phone rang and pip decided the best way of getting me up was to miaow outside the door! got up to find he's had a whale of a time to himself during the night! he has torn some of the hall carpet pluking to try and get in the spare room, cat litter all over the kitchen floor and the worktops!! and his water bowl on the other side of the floor bone dry with its contents also on my floor!!
He is obsessed with playing with his water, shoving the bowl around or putting his paws in it, and im fed up mopping the mess! any ideas how to stop this? even when the dogs big heavy metal bowl was down, he'd splash it! oh silly cat!
weathers a bit nippy here, just put the heating back on, sun trying to get out!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #10

Quiet Sunday here: sun out but clouds coming. Temps more normal than the recent warm spell: 2 C (36 F) now, and the howling winds finally subsided. A lot of damage from them, power losses and bad brush fires. Ham and cabbage dinner tonight.

The buds on my winter jasmine and forsythia aren't even swelling; no signs of crocus or snowdrops; this has been a harsh prolonged Winter. Did see emergent buds one one hellebore , and the mahonia..... I'm not really into cooking shows, most of them use odd ingredients and make peculiar things I don't think I'd care especially to eat. But maybe I've just watched the wrong ones, there are so many!

Enjoy the day, people!