Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #1

Dental op for Posh

I'm so glad I took your advice and went to the vet this evening. Turns out Posh had one very loose tooth, lots of tartar and the beginnings of gingivitis
Poor baby. I feel like a very bad mother, I'd noticed her bad breath a while back but thought I had it cured.

My vet said that in a year her teeth had gone really bad so I am guilty but that persians are prone to poor dentition due to the jaw formation. I should have been more vigilant.

She's had an antibiotic shot, a course of tablets and is booked into the hospital for treatment under GA on Friday.

Must go and give her lots of cuddles and loves, maybe she'll find it in her heart to forgive me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #2

Re: Dental op for Posh

My exotic(shorthaired Persian) Leo had a dental about 3 months ago, He had really smelly breath, had 3 teeth out and the rest cleaned, did not bother him at all, and he ws back to normal a few days later...
Sure Posh will be ok, and a lot happier for having it done..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
17-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #3

Aww, poor Posh! You shouldn't feel guilty though, cats are very good at disguising dental problems and you're being a good owner and getting it sorted out for her. Sure she'll feel lots better after her dental.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #4

Awww, poor Posh! Sure she'll feel much better after the work, and will forgive you!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
17-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #5

Poor Posh and poor you. Please don't feel guilty as cats are very good at diguising ailments and illness's all too well. Mostly to their disadvantage.

I'm sure she will welcome your cuddles and Merlin and Belle send their welsh friend lots more xxxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
17-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #6

Don't feel guilty, cats are very good at hiding things.

When Foof had her op last week she was scoffing her food as soon as I let her out the basket!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #7

Thanks for your reassurance ladies
Posh is loving the extra attention she's getting now but that'll soon pass when I give her her tablet tonight
I realise she'll benefit heaps by having the dental work done. Any tips for after care are very welcome.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #8

Sure all will go well for Posh - she'll be eating for Wales after - so you'll have to get in a good supply of all her fav treats!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #9

poor Posh! But don't fret yourself, as others have said, cats disguise any ailment very well. I too had something go unnoticed (Darcy eating sellotape!) and felt so incredibly guilty when I eventually worked out what was wrong, but all the lovely people on her helped me realise it wasn't my fault The lovely puss will be better soon after lots of love from her mum!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #10

She'll feel soooo much better with shiny new gnashers