Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
02-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #1

Guinness Help please

I realy need some advice please. It all started on the side of his head which after a visit to the vets and some AB it seemed to clear up. He went last monday and the vet said it was a alergy to fleas, which was treated with stronghold. He has no more fleas and none of the others have as well. He is making it worser than ever now its all under his chin and he has started two patches on his back as well. We think its something more serious than just an alergy he just isnt fighting it what ever it is. He is so misrable with himself and his quality is none exitence. We wont see him suffer. Please send him healing vibes i think he does need them. I am taking him to the vets in the morning. I am in tears writing this he realy is my big baby and i cant lose him.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #2

Re: Guinness Help please

Oh Jane - so sorry to hear that Guinness' skin problem has not been cured. I know you thought that getting rid of the fleas would stop Guinness scratching the area. I can't remember whether you said the vet said he had a flea allergy or not, or whether he has had steroids.

I do hope that the vet can give you a diagnosis tomorrow and something to help clear up the problem. I will send loads of healing vibes to Guidnness and (((HUGS))) to you.

Let us know how he gets on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #3

Healing vibes coming; I do hope and pray the vet will get it sorted tomorrow for him. Do let us know ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #4

Healing vibes for Guinness and Hugs for you....xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #5

So sorry Guinness is getting worse Jane, it must be so worrying for you

Just a thought...... I don't suppose it could be an attack of ringworm could it? The vet should be able to tell you tomorrow.

Chin up Jane, the vet will help him tomorrow.......healing vibes to Guinness and big hugs to you.......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
03-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #6

Bucket fulls of healing and get well vibes heading your way xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #7

Hope you're brighter this moning - things usually look better in the light of day.
Be guided by your vet - I'm sure there's something s/he can do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #8

Just back from the vets. Thankfully it isnt ringworm. The vet think its an alergy to something . She gave him a steriod injection and perscribed some fuciderm gel which i have to wear gloves for on (the leaflet said its for dogs but i phoned them back up and they said cats can use it as well. It also said it was for wet ecxma) . She also gave us some prednisoilne to start tomorrow and a collar. I put the collar on straight away when we got back and he seems ok with it. All the other cats are staring at him think what on earth is it. We go back next monday for a check up or i will take hime back sooner if it worsens.

jane X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #9

Poor Guinness! Fingers and toes crossed that the prescribed treatment helps it to clear up.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #10

Poor puss although it does sound like you have a good vet there. My auntie's cat had this allergy type thing too and lived with it for most of her life. She never showed an ill effects from the treatments.

Fingers crossed for a swift recovery xxx