Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 Moggies
07-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #11

Re: New article

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbar
Just a quick question on writing articles ~ is it ok just to post them on this thread, or start a new thread, or should they be submitted to ? first for critique?
Oops ~ just seen the Articles section & instructions on how to use it ~ thanks Azz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #12

I agree a general article would be too long and probably not as helpful or interesting as shorter articles on specific topics.

I have had many feral/semi feral/rescue cats over the years all of whom displayed different types of behaviour. It would be good to be able to relate some of their behaviour to the issues they had.

As a cat lover it is always interesting to find out more about what the cats who rely on me for their care are trying to tell me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #13

I definitely agree with that... In the run up to my getting Cloud, as a first time cat owner, I did many searches on various different issues as they came to mind. One of which lead me here in the end. If we had short articles about various different things in relation to cat and behaviour - even along the lines of questions that new members ask in relation to animals, and points of view... I know some of our membership have strong views regarding wet or dry food, and the benefits or dangers regarding vaccinations, maybe these could be expressed as articles?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
07-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #14

How about a feline Frequently Asked Questions thread, where one of us could post the questions about cats that are most commonly asked and put the answers as advice?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 Moggies
07-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
How about a feline Frequently Asked Questions thread, where one of us could post the questions about cats that are most commonly asked and put the answers as advice?
That's a good idea . But perhaps with a proviso that the questions & answers are in general terms only & that if owners are in any doubt, they should consult their vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
07-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbar
That's a good idea . But perhaps with a proviso that the questions & answers are in general terms only & that if owners are in any doubt, they should consult their vet.
That's what I was thinking.

If everyone picks a section to go through e.g. behaviour, health etc and picks out the most frequently asked questions from there, then we could all write the answers to one of the questions each. What do you think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #17

I'd dearly love to tell you all about Eva but I think that the older members would be fed up by now with me banging on about her.
I have always wanted to write an article about her and all the issues etc but have not sought of a way to write it and make it interesting, factual and not depressing. Maybe it's all still a little too raw and I'll be able to formulate it when I'm ready. Coz my eyes leak lots when I start to talk about her, miss that pretty girl more than I can ever express.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #18

Good idea, RCR, also second Wilbar's suggestion.

Elaine, none of us who knew and loved Eva too would be at all bored, I'm sure, at her story. Do write that when it's less raw...... (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
I agree a general article would be too long and probably not as helpful or interesting as shorter articles on specific topics.

I have had many feral/semi feral/rescue cats over the years all of whom displayed different types of behaviour. It would be good to be able to relate some of their behaviour to the issues they had.

As a cat lover it is always interesting to find out more about what the cats who rely on me for their care are trying to tell me!
I do agree! I am sure Kizzy thinks her two-legs is particularly dense sometimes!