Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #1

Porsha update.....

Good news! Porsha is loads better She is being extremely vocal and trashing her kennel area in the vets They cannot believe how different she is and what a live wire she is. And seeing how she is today it has become apparant just how poorly she was yesterday. She has had loads of cuddles, the staff at the hospital just adore her She has had a semi-solid poo over night and is eating a little of the sensitive diet. The vet feels that although she seems to have turned the corner, he would like her to stop there today/tonight as he doesn't want the excitement of coming home to set her off again at this delicate stage in things. If all remains well and she continues to do well then I might be able to have her home tomorrow tea time...so fingers crossed. Thank you all so much for your good wishes, prayers and healing vibes they have obviously worked for her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #2

Re: Porsha update.....

Fantastic news Fran So pleased to hear that, I bet you can hardly wait for tomorrow now. Lots of extra hugs and kisses when she comes home. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #3

Oh Fran - what a relief! I'm sooooo pleased for you!
Yes, leave her there, let her continue to improve, so she's good and fit when she comes back.
Still no real diagnosis? Katie never did either, despite getting as far as gut biopsy, it just stopped, went away and never returned. Maybe Porsha will do the same after this episode. Let's hope so.
Sitting here grinning - aren't we an empathetic crowd. I couldn't be more pleased for you Fran.
(and I think I'd get a Feliway)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #4

Oh Fran, you must be so relieved, as we all are, to get that news ....... what a tonic!!

A semi solid poo, too........ that is fantastic after the last couple of days.

Be patient now and wait for tomorrow....... then she can be smothered in gentle hugs and kisses from us all! So very pleased for you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #5

Brilliant news PK, what a relief it must be to you...Sounds like she is getting back to normal.

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum

Still no real diagnosis?
No diagnosis as yet. Stool samples will take a few days before we get any results and the vet did say that she wanted to stabilize Porsha before going in to do ultrasound/biopsy etc... I suspect that she will wait on the stool samples result first and then make a decision as to whether further tests are necessary...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #7

I expect they were able to get a good sample from her last night Fran ..... whether they could tell more from a runny one, I don't know

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I expect they were able to get a good sample from her last night Fran ..... whether they could tell more from a runny one, I don't know
Well I managed to get a small sample the night before she went in plus which on the way to the vets yesterday morning she had the runs all over the cat basket so they were able to get some of that too and yes I would imagine they will have taken a sample from the one she did over night so that is three samples, so hopefully something will show in at least one of them??

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
10-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #9

Very pleased to hear she's picked up! Here's hoping the good progress continues and she can come home to you tomorrow.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
10-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #10

So pleased she is improving - still sending goodvibes