Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #21

Re: Healing thoughts for Porsha please..

Thank you all for your healing thoughts, vibes and prayers. Porsha is far far too quiet this evening. She is the liveliest, naughtiest cat I have ever owned and to see her so depressed is very worrying and upsetting. I will keep you updated on her progress..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
08-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #22

Fingers and paws all crossed here.....

Sending healing vibes by the ton and ((((((hugs)))))) to you all. x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
08-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #23

aww Fran I hope she gets better soon. We had what sounds like similar problems with our little Siamese Gizmo. Several times in her first few years she was hospitalised on a drip due to severe sickness and 'scoots' She even got to the stage of vomiting blood. She has been well now for a year and a half, she was a fighter and Porsha sounds the same. These Orientals may look a little fine and fragile but they have steel cores and are extremely strong in my experience. I am sure she will beat this!!!

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Het
aww Fran I hope she gets better soon. We had what sounds like similar problems with our little Siamese Gizmo. Several times in her first few years she was hospitalised on a drip due to severe sickness and 'scoots' She even got to the stage of vomiting blood. She has been well now for a year and a half, she was a fighter and Porsha sounds the same. These Orientals may look a little fine and fragile but they have steel cores and are extremely strong in my experience. I am sure she will beat this!!!

Thank you so much Het, I hadn't realised you had had problems of a similar nature with one of your cats too. Luckily for Porsha vomiting has never been an issue, it's just the squits but she is incontinent with them, it's running out of her all the time I do think they are stronger than we give them credit for but at the side of moggies they do seem so sickly and fragile Your post has given me some hope, so for that I thank you x

Who is that gorgeous looking kitty in your dp?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Thank you so much Het, I hadn't realised you had had problems of a similar nature with one of your cats too. Luckily for Porsha vomiting has never been an issue, it's just the squits but she is incontinent with them, it's running out of her all the time I do think they are stronger than we give them credit for but at the side of moggies they do seem so sickly and fragile Your post has given me some hope, so for that I thank you x

Who is that gorgeous looking kitty in your dp?
With Gizmo the trick seemed to be stopping the vomiting and scoots for long enough to give her system a break, and time to get stronger. A sensitive stomach based diet helped, and she still has that but she also is able to eat oher things without any ill effect. We do have a supply of a chalky type of liquid from the vets to give her if she is under the weather but have'nt had to use it for a long time. What did use to shock me was the speed that she would go downhill, it was scary.

The fella in my avatar is Boo, my Maine Coon kitten. I lost another moggie William back in December due to quite sudden kidney failure. Was looking for another mog but Boo came along....and he is a real star

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #26

So sorry to hear this Fran, I really thought she had turned the corner....

Lots of healing vibes, good thoughts, hugs and prayers coming your way. Please give Porsha a gentle ((hug)) from me please.

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Het
What did use to shock me was the speed that she would go downhill, it was scary.

The fella in my avatar is Boo, my Maine Coon kitten. I lost another moggie William back in December due to quite sudden kidney failure. Was looking for another mog but Boo came along....and he is a real star

You are right about how quickly they go downhill, it's scary but equally they pick up quickly too, it's a real rollercoaster isn't it although I have to say that Porsha has never been as ill as she is at the minute and it is vrey frightening

I had heard about William, it must have been such a shock to you and you must miss her greatly Boo is a stunner, I have to say that I am rather partial to Maine Coon myself. You lucky thing, he is a stunner! How about posting some good close up shots of him in the piccies section Het

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #28

Oh Fran, just found this and I'm so sorry! Poor Porsha, may she start feeling better soon; sending healing vibes and love.....xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #29

Sorry to hear this Fran - I hope Porsha gets well soon x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
08-02-2007, 10:49 PM   #30

So very sorry to hear about Porsha. Sending healing vibes and have everything crossed for her and you. Chin up (hard, I know).