Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
11-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #21

Re: female cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
We do worry so when they're sick! I've been so lucky that all of my cats were robustly healthy so when Leia got cystitis I was a nervous wreck...especially with her violent resistance to pilling! But she's fine now, no recurrence.
I know what you mean by worry we were worried sick it was worse than what it was because of her bad start in life and this is only the second time she has been to the vets (1st to be spayed).
I am so pleased Leia hasn't had a recurrence.
The antibiotic injection is good and i hope your vets have it, if not they should get it in as not all cats like taking tablets.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #22

Not liking it is putting it very mildly! She turned into a whirling dervish, all muscles and squirms and when I finally got it in her she spat it out.... this was only her second vet trip also; spayed at 5 months & not back since...she'll be 7 in March. And to make it worse, the latch on her carrier apparently wasn't in tight and when we got to the vets she forced the door open and ran around the reception area (full of dogs!!!) trying to escape....not a day I'd ever want to relive!! At least Pepsi didn't do that to you...

Catsey Junior

11-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Not liking it is putting it very mildly! She turned into a whirling dervish, all muscles and squirms and when I finally got it in her she spat it out.... this was only her second vet trip also; spayed at 5 months & not back since...she'll be 7 in March. And to make it worse, the latch on her carrier apparently wasn't in tight and when we got to the vets she forced the door open and ran around the reception area (full of dogs!!!) trying to escape....not a day I'd ever want to relive!! At least Pepsi didn't do that to you...
Bless her, i think i would wanted the ground to open and swallow me.
Pepsi bites, scratches and screams when you try to pill her.
pepsi is a naughty tortie though and acted like the butter wouldn't melt in her mouth at the vets after i said to them becareful she dont like being picked up or stroked!!!
I had to eat my words that day!!!
Pepsi doesn't like our 2 littl shih-tzu's but she did love our border collie Rio.
Sadly Rio died 3 months after getting pepsi and she hates dogs now.
Pepsi was spayed at year old as she was so tiny they didn't think she would pull through so they waited til she was strong enough.
Leia likes to keep you on your toes dont she?
She sounds like a lovely cat.

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #24

Oh, cats are great at that, aren't they? As soon as you say "Oh, she never does that", they'll promptly do it, and vice versa! Leia is generally a sweet-natured, affectionate laid back cat and no problem..except when she needs medication! Will PM you a pic of her. I love torties, my Patches was a brindled tortie; she passed away last year in her sleep at home ...she was 20... miss her very much. Give Pepsi a hug from me! xx

Catsey Junior

11-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Oh, cats are great at that, aren't they? As soon as you say "Oh, she never does that", they'll promptly do it, and vice versa! Leia is generally a sweet-natured, affectionate laid back cat and no problem..except when she needs medication! Will PM you a pic of her. I love torties, my Patches was a brindled tortie; she passed away last year in her sleep at home ...she was 20... miss her very much. Give Pepsi a hug from me! xx
20 is a brilliant age for a cat, you must of looked after her brilliantly.
I will.
Cant wait to see the pic
xx

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #26

My Misty, a blue torbie just like Leia, was 19 1/5 when she left me; like Patches she just went to sleep one night in my bedroom and never woke again. A shock when they go like that , but at least they were home and not in pain or having to be put down at the vets. Sorry to sound morbid; they're still missed. With the 5 hour time difference you won't get the pic till tomorrow' I'm about to head to the kitchen to start dinner but will send afterwards. Have a nice night xxx

Catsey Junior

12-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #27

Quote:
My Misty, a blue torbie just like Leia, was 19 1/5 when she left me; like Patches she just went to sleep one night in my bedroom and never woke again. A shock when they go like that , but at least they were home and not in pain or having to be put down at the vets. Sorry to sound morbid; they're still missed. With the 5 hour time difference you won't get the pic till tomorrow' I'm about to head to the kitchen to start dinner but will send afterwards. Have a nice night xxx
Its not morbid its nice to talk about your pets whether they here or not.
Enjoy your dinner and take care xxxxx