Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
03-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #1

I've cracked it!!!!

Bernard has been a real pain to tablet since having his op on Tuesday. He's learnt how to bite me and isn't afraid to do it!!!

I became in fear of losing a finger, so called the vets and asked if I could have the palatable drops instead of the tablets. I collected them yesterday.

Last night I tried to put the drops into Bernards mouth, but he was so feisty and biting the pipette. It didn't go down well at all and I was sure he was starting to hate me!

This morning I thought I'd try a different tactic, so I warmed a little cat milk and put the drops into that and.....................it worked!!!!!!!!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!

No more getting my fingers bitten!!!

We had to go back to the vets last night too as one of his stitched had come undone. It was still in there, but open. The vet tried to tie it again but couldn't, so took it out. Hopefully it won't open up, but he said that if it does we'll have to go back and they'll either staple or glue it.

He can't reach the stitches himself, so I think he must have caught them on something.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #2

Re: I've cracked it!!!!

LOL well done you, so how many fingers do you have left now? LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #3

I am so glad you found a solution lol, or you would have no fingers left x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #4

Well done Charlie....determination paid off!!