Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #41

Re: Arowroot hasn't worked!!

Just had a look at that site DM, they don't do the prescription wet food she was on. Also looked at another couple of sites about hills, a lot of people wont use it because of the ingredients. Apparently the main ones they use are chicken by-products and gluten, which I don't think is very good quality. However, I'm going to go up to PAH and try buying a tin of their science plan wet tomorrow once her tummy has settled down again and give her a go with that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #42

............ here's the 'prescription diet' (though you don't need a prescription!) http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...a6e3e9dad920bb
Actually, I found that the difference in price between my vet and websites for Min's food was only very small. You'd need to find out what the vet charges and see if you can get it cheaper elesewhere.
(I'm now off to google Arden Grange. I saw it somewhere as I was flicking about (hadn't realised they did cat food as well as dog). A lot of people say AG is very good for their dogs. Will be back if it looks a possibility)

Catsey Veteran

30-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #43

Thanks DM. I appreciate all the help you're giving.

Catsey Veteran

30-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #44

Just had a look at that site, quite reasonably priced for the food. I didn't know AG did cat food either, I wonder if PAH have their wet food as well.

Catsey Veteran

30-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Thanks DM. I appreciate all the help you're giving.
Beats hoovering the stairs Alex!
Here's Arden Grange http://www.ardengrange.com/prod_info.asp?pid=59
sounds good, but then they all do!
Good on you for persevering with Teddie.
I'll remind you of how bad Katie's cat was before (for no apparent reason, other than the canikur which 'bunged him up') he changed from sickly and pretty much incontinent to fine thanks within a few days.

Catsey Veteran

03-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #46

Alex - was looking at the Burns website about food intolerance tec. Here's the link http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk..._ebook2005.pdf
I was struck by the bit where he says that quantity is often a vital factor. I think that means that you might get away with feeding Teddie all sorts of food, as long as you introduce really really slowly and build it up.
D'you think it would be worth starting with just one piece of normal dry food a day, for say 4 or 5 days, then up to 2, then 3, then 4 etc and work up to a normal diet over the course of several months? Seems some logic - the body wouldn't notice one piece of kibble, then when it's used to that give it 2 and so on, really, really slowly.

Catsey Veteran

03-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #47

I was actually thinking of doing that DM! Had discussed it with OH recently and my dilemma was what dry food to go for. If she tolerates this new almo nature well then they also do a sensitive dry food that I could feed her aswell. Interesting link though. Just had a quick scan of it, have bookmarked it for later to have a proper read.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #48

Hope Teddie is ok at the mo. Leila's sister had this problem but not as a kitten. My friend has managed to get her past it after a lot of trial and error, much like you, by feeding her on raw mince and a very few dried biscuits. This has worked wonderfully for Georgia. My friend only uses human mince from the supermarkets not pet food quality. It may be worth a go. Good luck.