Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
23-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #1

Bernard & vet trip tonight

Well, following on from my earlier thread we've been to the vets.

She had a look at the lump and then stuck a sterile needle in it to see if there was any fluid, there wasn't so she said it's not a cyst. It could just be a fatty lump (although it's quite hard) or it could be something else, so he's booked in to have it removed on Tuesday next week.

Whilst he's under the anaesthetic they're also going to clean and polish his teeth and there are a couple of possible extractions in there too.

He also has a heart murmer (which I knew about from Wood Green) that she said seems to be more noticeable now and she could hear it all over his chest; so again, while he's under they're going to do a chest x-ray and have a look at his heart. If they find any abnormalities then they will give him heart medication too.

All in all not a very happy visit to the vets, but need to try and stay positive.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #2

Re: Bernard & vet trip tonight

I hope it turns out to be just a fatty lump Charlie ........ it's good that they are going to check his heart, clean his teeth etc at the same time too....

Good luck to Bernard next week .....I'm sure he will be alright but it is a worry when they have to go for tests like this isn't it?

((((hugs)))) to you both x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #3

Good luck to Bernard next week. Heart murmurs are quite common, our lurcher Ben had one for years and in fact when Caleb went for his booster yesterday I was told he has one too. At least the vet is checking him out so if he needs any treatment it can start early. I'm sure he will feel better once his teeth are clean too. Let's hope the lump is nothing to worry about. ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #4

It's reassuring to know that the vets are being so thorough. I will be thinking about Bernard next week and will have everything crossed for him x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #5

Aww, poor Bernard does have it to look forward to doesn't he? Hope everything goes well for him (hugs) for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #6

Poor Bernard; so worrying for you; will be thinking of you next week and pray that all goes well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #7

We'll be here for you Tuesday.
Sure he'll be fine.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
24-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #8

HI
Just a note of warning incase the vet didn't say. When he comes back from the vets he may have a large wound as they make the insicion (sp) straight not round so the wound is much larger than the lump. I am saying this as Tilly had a lump removed that was about the size of a plum and has got an cut for her back down to her armpit (her lump was on her ribcage), as they weren't sure if it was nasty or not. It can be a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting it and I was warnde by the vets.
I could post a picture as it has mostly healed now to give you an idea of what to possibly expect.
Tilly has also lost most of her teeth as well and is doing fine.

Hope he is OK and the lump turn out to be harmless.

Sally

Ps hope I haven't scared you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
HI
Just a note of warning incase the vet didn't say. When he comes back from the vets he may have a large wound as they make the insicion (sp) straight not round so the wound is much larger than the lump. I am saying this as Tilly had a lump removed that was about the size of a plum and has got an cut for her back down to her armpit (her lump was on her ribcage), as they weren't sure if it was nasty or not. It can be a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting it and I was warnde by the vets.
I could post a picture as it has mostly healed now to give you an idea of what to possibly expect.
Tilly has also lost most of her teeth as well and is doing fine.

Hope he is OK and the lump turn out to be harmless.

Sally

Ps hope I haven't scared you.
Thank you Sally! You haven't scared me any more than I already am!!

I would be interested to see your pic of Tilly's scar please. The vet didn't mention how they would make the incision or how big or where the scar would be.

I'm a bit worried as the lump is right on his spine, but I guess they'll be extra careful with that.

Charlie
x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
24-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #10

I am just charging my camera and will post a pic when it is charged.

Sally