Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #1

Fly catching

Over the weekend me and the OH enjoyed some garden time together. M&M came out as well to get some fresh air.

Myrtle was in top form for fly catching. She jumps so high, pictures don't do it justice. I will have to get a video next time.

Keeping an eye out for fly's while they rest.

Hope you enjoy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #2

Re: Fly catching

That is more like cat ballet than fly catching! Wonderful pictures Matt.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #3

Fantastic pics catching her in mid-leap like that! I love the way they clap their paws together to catch the fly; that takes me back. My Misty was a champion fly catcher.....but she ate them afterwards...

Leia can't be bothered .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #4

Matt - these are brilliant pics - they are so sharp!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
07-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #5

LOL is Myrtle in training for the next Olympics, she looks like she can jump higher than some of the high jumpers .
Those are what you call "ACTION SHOTS" makes me feel tired just looking at them.
Great pics Matt .

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
08-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #6

Glad you liked the shots, I may setup a high jump for her next time so I can measure her jumps lol

They both love jumping , Myrtle seems to be the best, marmalade gives it a good go tho she's a little fatty so cant jump as high.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
08-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattde
Glad you liked the shots, I may setup a high jump for her next time so I can measure her jumps lol

They both love jumping , Myrtle seems to be the best, marmalade gives it a good go tho she's a little fatty so cant jump as high.
In Maxi and Maisy it`s Maisy who does the most ariel displays after flys and bumble bees, but yesterday they encountered their first butterfly and even Maxi jumped really high after it in fact he nearly did a complete somersault in the air which is something he hasn`t done for a while since he was a little little kitten .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #8

What fantastic pics Matt! The closest my 3 get to that kind of acrobatics, is Cooper tapping at the glass to see if he can catch a 'midgie' outside lol!

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
08-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
In Maxi and Maisy it`s Maisy who does the most ariel displays after flys and bumble bees, but yesterday they encountered their first butterfly and even Maxi jumped really high after it in fact he nearly did a complete somersault in the air which is something he hasn`t done for a while since he was a little little kitten .
I would love to get a photo of one of them jumping after a butterfly. Think that would look good as you could see what the cat is jumping for in the shot.
We haven't had many butterfly's in the garden yet, might have to get a fake one on a sting for them to practice with.

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
08-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
What fantastic pics Matt! The closest my 3 get to that kind of acrobatics, is Cooper tapping at the glass to see if he can catch a 'midgie' outside lol!
Thanks alexgirl, yeah my two do this Marmalade doest get that she cant catch a fly on the other side of the glass