Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
31-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #11

Re: Holiday cats, home and abroad

Awwww such a shame, I don't think I took any of my holiday cats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
31-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #12

But I love Croatia kitty!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #13

Does anyone get followed about by a holiday cat? I remember a day trip to Westward Ho in Devon where a cat followed us around all day. I was worried it was going to try and get in the car with us. It was a lovely friendly little cat and looked well cared for, so obviously didn't want to catnap it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #14

Spot the mackerel tabby sunbathing on the rocky shore

All the cats in this small Cretan resort appeared well cared for and most had an oriental look about them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #15

This is Bengal who made himself at home in our apartment at the end of the day while we were getting ready to go out.

These little kittens where out on the street every night, they were so scruffy but so sweet, people used to come and feed them every night.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #16

Chunky North American cats in the Adirondacks, NY State, 2004.
One was called Colby, after a local lake; I can't remember the other one

Pre-digi-pix - very fuzzy/poorly composed etc - isn't digital wonderful?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #17

This is a pic of a cat that befriended us in Corfu and we called him Bowie because of his different coloured eyes.
Here he is with my OH.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #18

And remember Kia - the ultimate holiday cat who became a home cat?
She still goes back to Normandy for her holidays, with Chris and Dave.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
01-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #19

The first 2 are of my liitle friend Sumo... taken in Kure Japan last year..he gave me such a flithy look.. but loved being patted and was very vocal when i left him

This one we called Digger after the Australian soldiers that fought at Gallipoli... as you can see he is making himself at home at a drink stand... it was taken at Chanakale in Turkey which is where you catch the ferry to go across to the world war 1 battle fields and cemetaries

This one was taken in Vietnam in 2007... we called him VC because he lived in the one of the caves that the Viet Cong used during the Vietnam war.

these next two were taken in Vietnam in 2007.. we called him rocky cause he was play wrestling with 2 small dogs and winning!

These next 3 are also from vietnam...
The first one we called Dim Sim cause we were sitting in a restaurant and we joked that she escaped from the dim sim machine... she was very friendly and we fed her scraps from our plates at the end of the meal

The next we called Mr Cleaver.. for obvious reasons... we were in a village in Sapa Northern Vietnam looking for a place to have a snack and a cool drink... went out back to use the restrooms... and saw the food preparation area... needless to say we didn't order food... just bought sealed drinks..

This one we called Harrods... there is a harrods store in Hanoi...and she was hanging around the front door wandering between the Harrods shop and the one next door..... funnily enough they use all the same signage as Harrods in the UK... but there is no connection im sure... as this store could not be considered upmarket by any stretch of the imagination

This little guy we called Lochy.... taken outside the Loch Ness exhibition at Drumnadrochit in Scotland in 2008

Mr Bigglesworth was what we named this handsome fellow..this was taken in the garden of a B and B we stayed in just out of Southampton in 2005

and last... but by no means least... these last two were taken in Queensland in 2006 at a place called dreamworld... we decided that we would have a tiger encounter... we got lucky and got to spend time with this big beautiful pussy cat called Mohan..

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #20

Beautiful Mohan - but not so great if he jumped on your bed at 3am