Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #21

Re: Families

That's good Elaine. Will she get meals on wheels ect? I hope so. As for her daughters, well I'm keeping it shut.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #22

Re: Families

I haven't replied to this post up until now as it is a little too close to home for me st the moment. My beloved gran is now too far gone to remain living on her own We haev known it has been coming for a number of years now, but the doctors said that she wasn't 'bad' enough to warrant being put into a nursing home even though, her cooker had been disconnected to stop her from leaving pots on, her ciggies had been taken off her and only given one when someone was with her etc. But now the time has come

It breaks my heart that she doesn't know me when I telephone her, even though we liveed with her until I was 5 and was her favourite out of 22 grandchildren. And because of all the nasty family fighting that goes on amongst our lot. the only way I get information on her, or even know that this is happening is through my cousins partner who phones me up to tell me. At least once she is in the care home I will be able to call them up and find out how she is doing etc. But my gran was always such a large woman with a huge personality. brought up 8 kids and ruled them all with an iron fist , and to see the frail, confused little woman she is now just about floors me So well done Elaine, for making the effort to go and see your aunt when others who are more than capable wont. This is the situation in my family too with some of them, and when I am 300 miles away and cant pop in to visit my gran it makes me very angry that those who can and should, dont!