Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
15-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #21

Re: Organs without permission?

Emm, I don't think you are crazy either, it is a personal choice. I am a Christian and therefore believe we have eternal life and that our earthly bodies are no good once we have passed over. My parents were cremated and their organs couldn't be used, sadly, but I think that if someone is going to be burned anyway, what is the point of burning these vital organs that several people could make use of! Just my belief though.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
15-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #22

Emm, I dont think you are the odd one out at all, you have your opinion and you are right to share it with us. Its great to hear all the sides of any debate to help understand the issues better.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'feeling guilty' about not donating, I respect peoples choice and would certainly not like to make anyone feel guilty about it at all. Its all about choice.

It just seems a shame that so many people often say 'oh yeah, I'd happily donate', but dont do anything about it. Maybe the people that are putting this scheme together believe that there are more wanting to donate than opt out . I just think at least they are trying to address the shortfall.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
19-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #23

Quote:
while he says they can have everything except his eyes lol!!
I have written when I got my driving liecence that they could have everything except my eyes as it gave me the creeps.

anyway the way I see it is they won't be any good to me and I will knind of get a second run helping someone esle out. I have said this to my mum when I filled it out, I think we were having the discussion some time. My only wish is they make absolutely sure I am dead!

Just to make sre I have followed the link and joind online as well. it is facinatin to read about it.