Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #31

Re: ouch...

on my way to the doctor now for a checkup on the ear infection and jaw pain...then when i get home i'll only have time to feed all the animals and jump in the car with my OH (thank God he's driving me) to the dentist about an hour away for the tooth extraction/exam for anymore teeth in dire need of care.
ugh...today is going to be "fun".
wish me luck and painkillers,
tink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #32

Good luck; hope all goes well, (((hugs)) !

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #33

Good luck Tink, it'll soon be over and you will hopefully be pain free for Christmas... (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
20-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #34

Hope it goes well Tink and you will be free from that awful pain! *hugs*

Global Moderator

20-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #35

How did it go with the dentist Tink ? I hope he was able to sort out your problem and your pain has eased today..

Catsey Veteran

21-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #36

i'm doing okay..thank you Mags for asking.
the doctor in the morning said my ear looks healed...
the dentist was able to pull the tooth fairly quickly but wasn't able to give me anything to calm my nerves like nitrus because my insurance didn't cover it..the assistant sat with me and put her hand on my shoulder because i was starting to have a panic attack and i was trembling..after a few shots of anasthetic, i felt a little better. the tooth came out pretty easily..he wants to see me back sometime to do fillings for some large cavities on three other teeth..but given the distance and the weather i may wait till the snow passes...
my whole head aches and i feel like i got punched in the jaw..i slept a long time and missed a couple doses of painkillers so hopefully as the day goes on it will cease.
the worst part is the inability to eat a decent meal. i have eggnog ice cream and strawberry yogurt to pick from in my fridge..i wasn't very prepared...i really don't feel like eating either and am trying to fill up on juice instead.

Global Moderator

21-12-2007, 12:30 AM   #37

Oh dear Tink, sorry it was such an ordeal for you (((hugs))) ...... at least the offending tooth is out now and the aches, pains and soreness will subside in a few days.

Well done to you for getting the courage to go, I know that must have been a big step for you. If you can, make sure you go back in the better weather to get those other teeth filled ...... you'll be as good as new then!

Hope you'll be able to eat a little more tomorrow..

Catsey Veteran

21-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #38

Glad the worst is over! Get lots of healing sleep and lots of juices; hope you feel much better in the morning! (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

21-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #39

thank you for your kind words.
just thought i'd let you know it's been a few hours and the painkillers are working and i feel much better. i felt so guilty when i woke up, i was so out of it last night and rushed yesterday i forgot to clean kuan yin's litter box. so i'm feeling better and have fed, watered, and cleaned all my babies areas...poor things, mommy was bad yesterday.

Catsey Veteran

21-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #40

Hey, girl, you were sick yesterday! No guilt trip...one day won't hurt, and everything is better today! Glad the painkillers are working!