Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #21

Re: ouch...

the other night i was able to find a dentist who would take me in another county..it was about 70 miles away and i'm so glad my OH was able to drive me...long, windy roads in the mountains that get the brunt of the weather..and i'm such a nervous driver already.
dentist says i have an infections just starting in one tooth and i have another that needs to be pulled. since he only inspected the area that is in pain, he wanted to schedule a full exam of all my teeth along with the tooth extraction next wednesday (the 19th).
a new antibiotic has been given (he didn't like what the urgent care doctor gave me) that i have to take FOUR times a day ( i start it tomorrow as he wanted me to finish off the first antibiotic first but i'm supposed to expect diahhrea as a side effect...GREAT), more painkillers, and a mouthwash that makes my food taste funny and bland that will help with the inflamed gums and bleeding.
he looked at my medical history and says my bulimia (which i'm in six months recovery from but i had for fifteen years) and old methamphetamine habit (i've been clean and sober for three years) have come back to haunt me and it's amazing i have any teeth left at all.
it just figures that once i got my life together and got my act straight i would still be paying for my past..
i'm sorry i sound so negative and grumpy...i'm sure it's just the pain talking, please take no offense to my tone. i guess i'm just very frustrated (the vicodin doesn't even seem to be helping anymore with the pain...i have a very high tolerance to painkillers).
i'm sure he will find more problems on the 19th when he checks the rest of my teeth, that is usually my luck. oh, and my regular doctor wants to see me that morning as well..will probably prescribe something else! too many chefs in the kitchen? did i mention i hate going to the doctor and the dentist and avoid it at all costs? i'm just so desperate for this to be over i'm finally going.
sorry for such a negative vent..i just had to get it out.
thanx to anyone who reads and has been kind enough to check up on my condition.
luv u all,
tink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #22

Vent all you want here, Tink; it's good to just let all out sometimes! I don't blame you for feeling miserable, and as a fellow dentist phobic I share your feelings! Hope the painkillers kick in soon and that the nasty side effect will not occur....

Keep us posted.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #23

we're here for the good times and bad Tink, rant away love lol!!! Well done on overcoming all those past issues and just think on the fact that you've beaten those, so you can get through this too!! Once you're no longer in pain, your mood will pick up big time. ((hugs))

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #24

It's good to talk and air your worries and concerns, Tink, you have friends here who will listen, encourage and help you. I don't think I've met a person yet who likes going to the dentist or a doctor for that matter. When I go for treatment I tell myself that the dentist has another appointment after me so every minute I'm sat in that chair is a minute less til his next patient is due. It's surprising how the time soon passes then

Hope the new pain killers help ease the pain for you...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #25

thanks, i just reread what i posted and i'm a little embarassed because it sounds like i'm feeling so sorry for myself when there are much worse things that could happen... my moods seem to be really fluctuating...thank u for being such good friends.

p.s. i did beat those but it really was my little angel kuan yin that got me to overcome the bulimia...kitties are the best.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #26

aren't they just!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #27

Don't be embarrassed at all! I have great respect for you knowing the demons you've overcome, you're much stronger than you think...and bless that Kuan Yin kitty for being there for you! (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #28

I'm so pleased you have some dental treatment scheduled at last, but what a long way to have to go!

You'll feel so much better when the problem is sorted and the pain gone. Just stick on in there, you've come so far already, just got to see this through!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
14-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #29

Awww Tink *hugs*

You have come SO far, you really have, you deserve to be proud of yourself and what you've had the strength to achieve despite what you've been through.

This is another step in the right direction and as hard as it will be, it will be worth it in the end.

And you aren't being grumpy or whining, you are entitled to feel sorry for yourself, you are in pain! So just be good to yourself and it will be over and done with soon.

Vent here any time, it does help

*hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #30

Wouldn't it be good if all our good wishes to you really could make you better? Virtual healing. If only .....

You've done so well and should feel rightly proud. Sorry you have to travel so far to the dreaded dentist, but it sounds at least that you've found one who has the will to sort out your teeth. Hang on in there. Love to you and Kuan Yin.