Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-12-2007, 05:26 AM   #1

ouch...

so i've been in a lot of physical pain lately...started off with migraines three weeks ago...then my teeth started hurting on the right lower jaw..then my jaw...then it extended to the right ear. a few days ago something felt strange and i put a qtip in my ear to find blood and puss. it seems scabby and dry in my ear now. i called today to make a doctor's appointment (i really hate going which is why i waited so long). they had an appt. available monday morning but wanted me to speak to the triage nurse. she fears i may have an infection and that it could spread to my bone in my jaw and so forth and urged me to go to urgent care. two of the three places she suggested did not take my insurance though she assured me they did..the last one was closing till tomorrow...i have lost my appetite and have been sleeping A LOT..i don't think i have a fever so maybe it's just something silly..either way, i'll be first in line tomorrow morning...no over the counter pain killers help. i took a shot of whiskey which didn't even help..(half a shot usually gets me pretty looped). i am in so much pain.
ow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #2

Re: ouch...

Tink - you really should maybe go to the accident and emergency at your local hospital. That sounds very nasty.

Look after yourself, please!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #3

That sounds really painful, is there no way you can get some emergency treatment?

I once ignored ear-ache as it was the weekend and just dosed myself on painkillers but the infection built up and burst through the ear-drum before I saw a doctor. I won't that mistake again. Please try to get seen somewhere!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #4

I agree with Yola and MrsH, you should try to get some emergency help from somewhere Tink... it does sound like you have a bad infection in your ear which should be treated as soon as possible...

Don't leave, you need the treatment sooner than later....

Take care of yourself Tink ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #5

Hi Tink.
Like Mrs H I left a sore ear over the weekend and burst my eardrum. Very painful.

It sounds like you need urgent treatment. Go to your local A@E if you cant get an appointment.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #6

hey guys, thanks for your concern. i am leaving now for the urgent care center that is open on saturdays that takes my insurance (the only one in the county)...they open in half an hour so hopefully it's not too crowded since it's first come, first serve...hope i don't get lost on the way, never been there before. i'll let you guys know what happened. luv u all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #7

Good luck Tink, I hope they can give you something to relieve the pain...

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #8

so i'm back...i waited two hours to be seen..there was a line at the door when i got there...the doc says the eardrum looks okay but the whole canal is inflamed..he gave me some eardrops for that..i'm also running a fever of 102 degrees..he's not sure if my teeth are infected or it's just a TMJ issue but he wants me to go to the dentist next week (the only dentist in this county that takes my insurance only does children but makes exceptions for adults if it's considered an emergency..i don't know why it's so hard when my insurance is from the government assistance program for disability). he put me on some oral antibiotics and gave me some vicodin for the pain..all 6 days worth to hold me over till i can hopefully get in with the dentist. i came home, popped my pills, and am happily enjoying my vicodin..LOL. yay, painkillers (i'm being sarcastic but i kinda mean it too). at least the pain has subsided for now. thanks everyone for caring. i am so beyond happy to be home and resting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #9

So glad you're getting some treatment, I hope you have some rest over the weekend. It'll be great if the dentist can see you soon as well, take care!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #10

I'm so relieved you were seen and got some relief from the pain; hope the dentist visit will work out OK. What a shame that so many places won't take the insurance: our health care system here is badly in need of reform!
Take care of yourself and do let us know how you're doing...(((hugs)))