Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #1

Friday's Thread

Good afternoon all!
It is quiet on here today so I guess you are all busy!

Today is wet, gloomy and generally miserable! I somehow think we've seen the last of those lovely, mild autumnal days.......

I've been pottering around this morning doing the usual chores and shopping for the weekend....nothing too exciting there!

I bet I know someone who is smiling..........DM, how's the packing going?

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #2

Re: Friday's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Good afternoon all!
I bet I know someone who is smiling..........DM, how's the packing going?
Funny you should say that Mags - I've just spent some time riffling through the drawer-under-the-bed that holds all the 'only for sunny beach holidays' clothes and accessories. Nothing too awful to discover there, though I did wash a couple of white things before the rain recommenced. They're drying indoors now.
Yes, so, nearly there. OH went out to buy another cat carrier, as the boys need one each now, to get to the kennels/cattery. He's just pootling around tidying his office etc till 4pm. Timing is good, as he is very tired after his major conference/'product' launch last weekend. He can really chill.
Had a good afternoon with M&D yesterday. Mum and I had a session hacking at a rampant clematis montana and Dad was up to squashing greenery down into the compost sack. Funny how your parameters change and the little things which seem like a triumph
Happy to have a quiet rainy day, after 3 days of hard heavy work at the allotment.............. and looking forward to the sun, sea, calamares and retsina. Forecast until next Saturday is 24 and sunny by day, 19 at night. First Greek holiday since we got the digital camera, so beware!

Global Moderator

29-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #3

Oh yes DM, we want lots of photos please....now we have a travel section, it's nice te be able to look back and find them quickly
Crete is on my list of places I would like to visit now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
29-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #4

Not much happening today for me. Usual work and school day. Car had its first MOT today and passed so thats good news.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #5

Miserable weather. It started raining just as I went to pick the girls up from school, and the OH had taken the brolly out of the boot the other day and forgot to put it back, so guess who got soaked! Ggrrr!

On a lighter note, I am going to give the 3 boys a bath and then Teddy can be released from his 'prison' at last. Hurrah!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
29-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #6

ive been out for today, went to see my daughter and my very energetic grandson. he didnt stop WOW he wasnt happy with anything i got him. i had a beef jamacian patty and some one wanted it, i tried to tell him but he started moaning, so i gave him some, it didnt stay in his mouth long, its very spicy. the look on his face was funny. he wont be asking again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #7

Sunny and very chilly here, only 62 degrees: cold front came through last night with high winds and heavy rain, small tornado touched down south of town! No injuries bot lots of property damage and power outages. Just had to let Leia in from the porch; too chilly for her; she hasn't started growing a winter coat yet. Been to the market as usual & just rolled in the recycling bins and filled the bird feeder. DM: hope you have a great holiday and super weather; looking forward to the pics!

Global Moderator

29-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #8

After a mostly rainy day today, it has turned in quite cold tonight......brrrrr.... not used to it yet!

Pleased to say Cassie is safely indoors for the night, she doesn't like the cooler nights either!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #9

So you're not setting up "Fort Knox" tonight...???

Global Moderator

29-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
So you're not setting up "Fort Knox" tonight...???
Oh yes I am!! I'm not taking any chances yet!!