Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #1

Thursdays daily thread

Good Lord whats the matter with you lot - normally there is a daily thread in action by now 10 past 1.

Anyhow here it is Thursday 14.9.06 it is pouring down with rain literally bouncing back up here in the West Midlands, has been all night and all morning too. Thunder and lightening in the distance.

Cleo is asleep in her Bratz chair, I am considering going out to buy some socks for the sponsoredwalk on Sunday - but may not the way the weather is. The girls won;t even go in the back garden to have a wee let alone on a walk YES its that bad.

Hope you all are having a slightly dryer day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #2

Re: Thursdays daily thread

Damp here, but not too awful. The boys have had their first experience of 'wet' and don't sem to mind it too much.
I've been researching pensions .... yes, that does make me feel old, but no harm in knowing what to anticipate. I was quite pleasantly suprised actually, including with the service I received from the govt pension agancy. Also - letter from the Portman Building Society. It's our 'local' but it's going to merge with Nationwide (Oh how I hate those TV ads ) and all members are going to get a cash windfall. OH and I have several accounts so .....
Oh, and I'm doing that stupid Google image thing - terrible time-waster!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #3

Hi Kazz and a belated hello to everyone!

It has been continual rain here all morning, seems ages since we had a downpour like this.

I've been to the dentist this morning, just for a check up, everything clear thank goodness for another 6 months

Cassie is snoozing away in a chair as well, she is definately not interested in going out in this weather

Hope there is some sunshine somewhere in the country (and overseas)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
14-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #4

Well it's starting to brighten up here. We've had that horrible drizzly stuff all morning.

The boys are still sleeping in the hidy hole part of the tower. They haven't moved since breakfast, lazy so and so's that they are

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #5

Afternoon all, we have had a terrible morning, pouring with rain, and thunder, its begininjg to brighten up now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #6

After a night of rain, it's been dry here. Had the midwife in this morning . . . she's 'discharged' me into the care of a health visitor - it makes me feel as if I'm being watched by social workers or something. I don't mind doctors and midwives but don't really see the point of well meaning but nevertheless, non-medically-qualified individuals coming to 'assess' me!!

The window cleaner's also been - he's done the outside leaving the insides for me to do either over the weekend or during next week.

Apart from that? Not much! Due to unpredictability of the weather we've been indoors. Sebastian has slept mostly and I did manage 1/2 hour's kip on the sofa with him asleep on my shoulder

Hubby and Domi will be home soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #7

Evening all!!

Been dry today after some amazing thunder and lightening storms last night. My road was a river at one point and half expected the cars to be washed down the road the rain was coming down so hard!!! My back garden was flooded!!

Anyway, work as usual and school for the kids. Got a meeting at the school tonight for Sean as he has started his GCSE coursework this year as in Y10.

After that I might watch a film as I have at long last sorted out my surrond sound that I have had for ages!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #8

Sounds as if it's raining everywhere! We had downpours overnight; let up by noon when I left for annusl eye doctor sppointment. Pupils are still dilated & can barely see to type,,,not going to answer any posts till after dinner when my eyes should be OK...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Sounds as if it's raining everywhere! We had downpours overnight; let up by noon when I left for annusl eye doctor sppointment. Pupils are still dilated & can barely see to type,,,not going to answer any posts till after dinner when my eyes should be OK...
I hope your eyes get back to normal soon Eileen......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-09-2006, 02:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I hope your eyes get back to normal soon Eileen......
Thanks, Mags! The only thing I hate about the eye exam is not being sble to read or use the computer for anout 4-5 hours, till they get back to normal! Even the evening news on TV was blurry. When I posted this afternoon my nose was about 3 inches from the keyboard... ! Everything's fine now; need a new prescription for glasses, but eyes are fine. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and after-cataract surgery in them also. Not nice; hope you never have to have it!! Sleep well!!