Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #21

Re: Reasons to be cheerful

Oh Elaine - that sounds horrible what's happening in your job. However, I would suspect that's the norm rather than the exception I hope you feel more relaxed after your holiday in Greece (boy, do I envy you) . . . and that you find the perfect job upon your return.

As for the pet shop? An anonymous letter to your local paper should do the job nicely

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-09-2006, 01:49 AM   #22

Kazz, thaat's SO funny about Cleo's dll-catching seminar!!! Couldn't help but laugh! Elaine, that sucks about the job; you're well out of there...enjoy the holiday, know you'll find something better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #23

Elaine - have the greatest holiday and good luck in finding the greatest job when you get back.
Could you survive financially whilst you build yourself up a business looking after cats and small pets whilst people are away? Going into houses and feeding them, cuddling them and changing their litter trays. You'd be your own boss and could pick and choose - you'd meet nice cat people too. I think there are businesses offering franchises or other opportunities if you don't want to do your own advertising etc.
Mull it over whilst you're on that beach.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #24

Thanx every one, am still there at the mo', tomorrow being my last day before I go on holiday and I couldnt leave till I get the bunny out of the vets. I went to visit bunny today, she is a little brighter today but still not out of the woods yet. I paid the bill to date with cash out of till coz i dont care. As far as I am concerned they have a duty of care. I probably wont be going back after my holiday though and by that time I will have been paid. Had aqnother stinker of a day today but left early for a dentist appopintment.
I may already have a nice home lined up for the poor bunny too. So fingers crossed.
DM, I have thought about pet sitting etc before but I have no idea how to go about starting up a business and so am a bit frightened I guess.
I have also been thinking about pet grooming and taking some night classes and stuff.
Anyway holiday first and just gagging to get on that bloody plane now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
14-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #25

((((((hugs)))))) - poor bunny - poor animals, enjoy your hols and relax and worry about work when your back x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #26

Not had a good time of it have you Elaine? I can understand fully your predicament regarding the bunny. When I got my bunny from a large pet store here he was very ill and had to be under the vet for about two months. Luckily they did pay the bill.

I will never buy from them again as I do not feel they look after the pets properly as they were not even aware he was ill and sold him to me when he was covered in diarreah (took him as I didnt want to leave him there).

I hope you have a great holiday and take the time to ponder on your next job.

Catsey Veteran

14-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #27

Thats disgusting Donna. I have to say, although I dont claim to know alot about the animals, I do check their poo's and their botties daily coz they are only small animals and can go down hill very fast. Poor things.
OMG I have just realised what my job should be, I should be a poop checker lol as thats what I seem to do most and best LOL. Used to always inspect Winstons poo, and the Diva and Bernie when they have had upset tummies etc. I can go to a litter box and tell you exactly who did which poo.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #28

Elaine - here's a picture to give you a reason to be cheerful

Have a look at those pet-sitting franchises when you get back?

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #29

Here's the details for PetPals which is prob the biggest compnay working in this area
http://www.petpals.com/franchise/faq.htm
and here is K9capers
http://www.k9capers.com/franchise/default.asp

You don't have to hook up with them - just pinch their business ideas!

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #30

Thanx for that DM xxx