Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #11

Re: Reasons to be cheerful

My reason for being cheerful? I have my niece staying for the weekend and so far so good. I also have 4 beautiful kittens who seeme to be recovering from the cat flu very well indeed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #12

Should have changed the title to reason to be not chearfull.

New job now sux. Am gonn aleave just as soon as I can. Maybe i was stupid and too damned naive about the pet shop industry but man are my eyes wide open now. There are loads of things I could say about it but the one that really sickened me was a sick bunny. I noticed yesterday that it had a discharge. Its poo looked normal. Then later that day it looked a little bloated to me and dehydrated. I called the manager and told him to come take the bunny to the vet. He said it could wait till today but I said no, I wanted it to the vet yesterday. The vet kept the bunny over night. I called today and the bunny is a bit brighter but still not right. My manager told me it had really bad diahorea which puzzled me coz its bum was clean and its poo solid. The vet was gobsmacked when i told him this today and said the problem is that the bunny isnt poo'ing. They have kept the bunny again tonight and I have to call them again tomorrow.
Head office are going mental coz i didnt inform them and said if they had known it had been kept the first night they would have instructed for it to be pts. I went a bit loopy at them and now I am paying the vets bill and if the bunny is ok, I will rehome it.
Next problem......... I go on holiday on monday.......... I hope I can find a good home for it before I go, if not it will have to stay here till I get back. I'm sure Graham will look after it for me.
When i get back, I also have to find a new job coz i cannt stay there if they dont care about the animals.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #13

Thats typical with a lot of pet shops Elaine, they only care about money, not the animals...Could you pm me the name of the shop?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #14

Sorry you haven't had any luck with your new job Elaine. But you don't know if you don't try, I hope you find something you want to do and that you enjoy. Relax and enjoy your holiday.
Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #15

Sorry the job didn't work out as you hoped Elaine but there is something better out there for you

Enjoy your holiday next week

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #16

Its just one thing after another just now kazz. Roll on Monday morning, selfish thought I know but I feel really drawn and emotionally exhausted and very angry.

I also managed to lock poor Bernie out the other day. Poor thing was locked out all day while Eva sniggered at him from behind the door and made him listen to her eating all the buiscits.

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #17

Elaine you sound on a bit of a downer; for that I am sorry.

Right think of this Cleo is teaching Tess to catch and eat daddylonglegs (yuck) I know Tess was trying to catch on the otherday Cleo was watching from the sofa with very little interest it seemed at the time but over the last couple of days we have noticed Cleo catch a few (which she hasn't done for a few years) but always when Tess is present today Tess was watching a d-l-l's hovering about as they do then just moved forward and caught it exactly like Cleo does not like a dog.

Well is my feline dutning cannine or my cannine turning feline? thats the big quetion here today.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #18

I do love that clever dog training Cleo and Tess must be a good student too.

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2006, 11:15 PM   #19

Nah I think Cleo was in dispair with her at times. But I think I should be grateful at least that Cleo isn't teaching her to lie on the computer desk while I type.

Sal of course is above all that and just snores away.

I locked her in the airing cupboard once Cleo that is. She wasn't overly bothered to be honest. I doubt Bernie will hold a grudge.

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #20

Yeah, Bernie has forgiven me completely. I did feel terrible when i got home and Graham said, "who's a bad mum then".
Now had it been the Diva, I'd be making up to her for the rest of my life