Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ misty mountain, Saturday

No colour in the sky to speak of today just a thick mist hanging heavy over the mountains and obscuring the views.
Off to Abergavenny to do a bit of shopping, I like to go where there are less crowds but good shops. The local market towns nearer to us are so run down, and Cardiff is too busy and spread out.

All's well here. I ll be online later

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
10-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ misty mountain, Saturday

Agree PP its really grey here but still thick frost.

I'm potty training Poppy and trying to obedience train Bess too. Think I shall need lots of wine later...or maybe gin

Will be online tonight too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #3

morning all. after a late night. i had a nose bleed and had to wait for that to stop, then woken up in the night cause it happened again. i feeling drained. i know go n see the doctor. but all he will do is refer me to the hospital. so if and when it happens again. ill pop into the A n E .
just i have alot to do in the next few weeks, whens the best time. i do know that it needs packing, then sealing. so an over night stay (i think)
oh well spose id better get on and do some ironing. and other mundane house hold chores.
and its cold here as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #4

Well there was ice on the ground when I got up and a fog and boy was it cold.
Had a bit of breakfast and done nothing else really. First "break since Christmas" and its beena hectic week so just chilling really will be on later.

Have a good day all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #5

Very cold and frosty here too.......mustn't grumble though, it's much better than rain!

Have done all my main jobs for the day and will be spending some time looking through holiday brochures today trying to decide where to go this year.

Have a good day all....and keep warm...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
10-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #6

It was white with frost when i got up this mornin and it was -3.
Im just about to nip to the shops to get some baby clothes n what not for my friends baby girl. hehe.

Still freezin here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #7

The ground's still frozen here . . . we had viciously cold fine, frozen rain for a bit whilst I was having my nails done. It's definitely an indoors day . . . boys are watching Wall.e (again) and I'm about to trot up to sit with them and trim Sebi's hair . . . and at some point this afternoon we're going to have to nit-treat it as I think he has an infestation.

I've never experienced these so it will be an 'education'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #8

Freezing here too - thick frost and that sort of no colour at all sky. Birds are all feeding hard - did venture out to put some food out for them.

Loadsa washing to do today and some more moving stuff out of my office in readiness for Monday.

Sorry to hear about your nosebleed boys mum - nosebleeds "run" in my maternal family (scuse pun). I had mine cauterised many years ago and have never had one since.

Have a good day - try and keep warm peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #9

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Ever so cold in the town today, bought new gloves, and was tempted by those hats with plaits but I looked silly in it!

Boysmum, take care with the nosebleeds, have you have a blood pressure check lately?

I'm washing today too, the tumble dryer is going like the clappers and the meter is ticking away but gotta be done!
The rads are full of clothes, just smalls and other light bits.

Bought some Covent Garden winter veg soup in Waitrose, had it a week ago , its super! Should be a domestic goddess and make my own but, no chance. Now where did I put that cardigan, I'm blowing hot and cold here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #10

I've really loved this frosty weather we have terrific dog walks in the woods and Morgan doesn't come back all muddy! Being a spaniel he simply can't resist any puddle or ditch!

Today there were slight snow flurries for a time while we were out and it looks as though it's still very frosty out there. We've had a bit of a job keeping the bird bath ice-free but our efforts have beeen worthwhile, lots of drinking and bathing activity going on!