Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #1

Spooky Sunday- Happy Halloween

Good morning! yes I know I should have had an extra hour in bed but feline timekeeping doesn't get the concept of daylight saving Anyway gives me extra coffee and computer time, so not all bad.

Just peeking out the window it's dry and grey, that's ok, have a few outside jobs to get through and then washing/ironing to sort out. No Halloween plans, Tom has gone past the dressing up and party games stage, although he enjoyed carving the pumpkin- just playing games on the Wii now seems to give him thrills.

Lots of fireworks going off around here seems Bonfire night and Halloween have melted into one long party week which is ok for some but I'm scared for outside cats and dogs

Hope our poorly pets get better soon, healing vibes and spells sent out to Fifi and Tabatha. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
31-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #2

Re: Spooky Sunday- Happy Halloween

Hello all,
Had a bit of an odd week this week-the anniversary of moving into our house but also of loosing darling Kindly
Darcy has been unwell this week too with swollen/infected mammary glands after her season so we've been backwards and forwards to work for my first week of maternity leave
Baby is being stubborn and hasn't turned so I've been booked for a c-section in 10 days Another odd thing to get my head around! The fact that I won't actually go into labour seems so alien
So anyway, that's why I haven't been posting much recently but I do pop in and keep an eye on everyone from time to time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
31-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #3

Morning all - just popped the beef stifado into the slow cooker, going to have that for my dinner next week as hubby is away with work.

Roast beef for us tonight.

Doing a bit more online Christmas shopping today.

Have a good one everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #4

Morning all.

Happy Halloween all.................I love Halloween..............Opening packets of eye balls and body parts as we speak........................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Morning all.

Happy Halloween all.................I love Halloween..............Opening packets of eye balls and body parts as we speak........................
Love it, Kazz
I have carved two Pumpkins and have finaly admited they are for me and not the kids who are 22 and 25
Went to to a Halloween bonfire last night in the village, lots of fireworks, fairground rides and pie and peas etc.
Got my sweets for the trick or treaters later, O/H hates them
PL sorry to hear the baby hasn't turned and also that Darcy has been poorly.
Emma you are very organised with your cooking.
PP you are right about fireworks going off for days instead of just one, i realy believe fireworks should be reserved for organised events.
Off to make some more pumpkin soup and also cook some pumpkin for Malaika, then its baking more tuna flapjacks for Malaika, Tom and Jerry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #6

Hello everyone. Happy All Hallows Eve!

PL - I'm very sorry to hear that Darcy has been poorly and that your bouncing hasn't worked. ((((HUGS)))) to you and baby.

Not much happening here. MIL has been very anxious and unsettled over the last few days. OH is getting very near the end of his tether, which might just prompt him to start doing something about looking for residential care. It won't be easy to find somewhere for her but I have kept quiet about it as the decision should be his.

No sign of Harley this morning, which is worrying. There were quite a lot of fireworks at the pub last night. Kizzy and Pip are both fine. I have some nice photos to post of them that were taken yesterday afternoon.

Have a good day everyone. From the ghouls and the ghosties and the long-leggedy beasties ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #7

All your Halloween preparations sound marvellous. Now my dear sis-in-law has given me a recipe for boiled ham which I'm going to try out. I have to boil and simmer the ham joint in Coca-cola I don't know if she's trick or treating me but I'm going to have a go. Apparently it's a Nigella recipe so I hope we don't have to throw it away.

Liz, good luck with the planned C/S altho it doesn't mean that you won't start to labour, as baby doesn't know the date and may start up anyway . Watch for those waters breaking, bum-down babies can cause a pre-labour rupture, more of a trickle, though but be warned.

See you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #8

PP good luck with the boiled ham, will be interesting to hear how it turns out.
Angie i do hope you get something sorted for your MIL, Dementia has got to be one of the most cruel things. It must be so very hard for you all.
I do hope Harvey turns up safe and sound, wish that lady would hurry up and get better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Hello all,
Had a bit of an odd week this week-the anniversary of moving into our house but also of loosing darling Kindly
Darcy has been unwell this week too with swollen/infected mammary glands after her season so we've been backwards and forwards to work for my first week of maternity leave
Baby is being stubborn and hasn't turned so I've been booked for a c-section in 10 days Another odd thing to get my head around! The fact that I won't actually go into labour seems so alien
So anyway, that's why I haven't been posting much recently but I do pop in and keep an eye on everyone from time to time!

Is it a year already you have been in that house...wow time flies even without my broomstick

Just don't go opening the door tonight and having a halloween baby....I am sure all will be good. Katie (18 next Friday was born on bonfirenight she was to be a C-Section on the following Monday.....but as has been said no one told Katie she was feet first and ready to run......... everything perfect.

And yes we need keeping an eye on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #10

Harley turned up for a very late breakfast at 1.20. Just a hard night out on the tiles I suppose. He seems very well.

(Just in case you were worried!)