Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #1

Where did Monday go, Tuesday ?

Afternoon all,
i seem to have lost a day. Yesterday i felt so ill thet i slept most of it away.
Better now, thank goodness. Nice country lane walk with Malaika and now time to catch up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #2

Re: Where did Monday go, Tuesday ?

Gloomy start, bright now but a black cloud hovering and threatening rain; just the faint shade of a rainbow over the valley. Posh is in the window admiring the dramatic scene.

Today we are meeting my care support worker that's coming in to look after Ceri for me on a Tuesday afternoon. Crossroads Carers are an organisation funded partly by the Local Authority and by Consumers. I'm paying for my half day but it gives me time to get to the gym/do my own thing knowing Ceri is with a chap who'll take care. I am going to enrol in Curves and really start a regime of fitness and getting myself in good health- it'll benefit me & him

Cleaned the bathroom/shower today, gosh how the mildew has taken hold, I've got a cleaner just praying it will do its best. Even though I have an extractor fan, and the window is left ajar I can't seem to control the humidity- any tips, folks?

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #3

great minds Shelley ,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #4

Hi Shelley - glad you are feeling better today. I always think sleep is best when you feel poorly.

Lovely day here today - but the forecast is for a chilly night and frost. I have put my pineapple lily in the greenhouse and am bringing in some scented Pelagoniums and baby Agave plants from the greenhouse into the house for safe keeping. Not sure whether to wrap the tree fern quite yet - it is in a very sheltered spot and the weather is turning warmer and wetter after tonight. May just risk it. They are hardy in New Zealand, so should be OK.

OH has gone off to play golf, but may be back if his hip starts hurting. It is a recognised "golfing injury" - and is obviously giving him pain because he is taking paracetamol fairly regularly and is not a general taker of pills for any reason.

I am just about to go and put a load more newspaper in the chicken house for Harley. He has been fine up until now, but I shall be worried about him tonight. Nothing has come so far of my adverts at the vet and the horsey shop to try and re-home him.

Have a good day everyone. Hope all Catsey peeps and furry friends are well today.

Sorry PP - Hello!

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #5

Angie, at least Harvey has someone who cares !

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #6

Our bathroom gets very mouldy too, PP. Especialy in winter.
We find Domestos grot buster used with a nylon pan scrub very good at removing it and it smells nice after (well if you like bleach )

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #7

Please can the mods join my thread to Shelley's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #8

Hi. all. Gloomy overcast chilly day: 12 C (53 F), but the sun is supposed to reappear this afternoon; hope so as I gambled and hung the wash outside. No-errand day, just pottering.

Shelley, glad you're feeling better! PP, nice that the afternoon carer will give you a little me time. Angie, sad that you've had no luck rehoming Harley

Oddly enough, as humid as Washington is in the Summer I've never had a mildew problem, so no suggestions. I AM having a fly problem today: somehow a few of them have gotten in te house and are buzzing around driving me mad. Madame does not do flies, unlike her predecessor Misty the fly catcher extraordinaire!

Have a nice afternoon, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #9

Hi, all.
What an appropriate title for today's thread..yesterday we got surprisingly busy in that unexpected kind of way and things didn't really settle down until bedtime and by that time my head was spinning!
The rest of the week should be simple so I am very much lookiing forward to getting back into my routine (didn't really realize how much i love routine till it was thrown out of sorts yesterday, lol) and a bit of catch up on quiet time.
You guys might appreciate this--I ordered a kitty kat hat (faux fur hat with kitty ears on the top)..it is so cute, i feel very feline while wearing it It's supposed to be for halloween but i think i just may wear it all winter..very warm...and cute!! i kind of dress only to please myself anyway so if i like it i'll continue to wear it, lol.
One of the cats new trees showed up yesterday and the smallish one I ordered for the ferret room should be arriving today..I also ordered a very large one which I guess went out for delivery today (custom made to order)..that will be the grand finale, I guess
Solomon was very annoyed with me yesterday as the ferrets got a new cage for the bedroom and I was taking down the old one and he does love that cage, it's the one he's always pictured in and he kept sitting in it looking defiant to keep me from taking it down. Once the new cage went up he forgave me though. Same went for the old cat tree he was chewing apart, that thing was falling to pieces as i got it very used already and that boy was telling me how Horrible I was and clinging to it for dear life while I tried to take it out to the burn pile. He forgave me again once the new tree came up
Very chilly in the mornings and evenings here. The cats are enjoying the fireplace and I may join them there soon to finish my coffee. Have a good day, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #10

That Solomon, Tink. I DO think we need more pictures .......... his Fan Club is pining!!