Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #11

Re: So Its Saturday

Hi all. Sunny but still chillier than normal; really feel it after the long lovely warm Summer. 12 C (54 F), but still quite breezy. No library as I'm still on Vol. 4 of the epic.

Busy morning for all......Kazz, sorry that your plans may have run into a snag, hope it works out OK. Emma, stores that sell only cupcakes are quite the rage here in Washington too; yours look delicious. Shelley, how nice you caught the wandering dog and returned him. MrsH, agree with Angie about your back, and tend to agree with OH that people will be so busy enjoying the wonderful day that they probably won't notice the dust! PP, those oils sound lovely. I've fixed beef Stifado, but minus the olives (don't like them), a tasty dish. How in the world could they adapt that long Pillars of the Earth to film??? Dinner tonight is Oriental: miso soup, chicken shiu mai and shrimp mini-spring rolls.

Have a nice day, people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #12

Kazz - very sorry about your possible building problems - what a **&&$£%^*

Emma - thanks for the explanation of the beef Stifado, that does sound yummy and your cup cakes are looking very professional. I bet they taste wonderful. Do you drink your tea out of pretty china cups and eat your dainty cakes off matching plates??? I expect you do!!!!

Eileen - The Pillars of the Earth is being "done" in 3 parts, each of over 2 hours!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #13

LOL @ the pretty china cups......no normally have mugs but they are a nice purple denby ones....lol

I will post up the beef stifado recipe..... just done the marinate and it smells and tastes amazing...never had it before...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Kazz - very sorry about your possible building problems - what a **&&$£%^*

Emma - thanks for the explanation of the beef Stifado, that does sound yummy and your cup cakes are looking very professional. I bet they taste wonderful. Do you drink your tea out of pretty china cups and eat your dainty cakes off matching plates??? I expect you do!!!!

Eileen - The Pillars of the Earth is being "done" in 3 parts, each of over 2 hours!!!!
That makes more sense, Angie. Thanks. It is one of my favorite books.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #15

Sorry to hear about your back MrsH and all your other probs. Would it be possible for you to get a firm to do your ironing as a one off, could do the same with your housework maybe ?
Emma, Angie is right your cakes do look proffessional, are you in the catering buisness?
Eileen hope you enjoy your oriental dinner.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #16

Emma those cakes are lush which I could have a nibble ,

Take care Mrs H, and yes, please see someone about your back; good luck with the wedding prep but I'm sure it'll all turn out well

The sun is going down over the mountain and the evening glow is starting, there's a chill in the air but the rads are on and I'm in my pj's. All cosy-toes and comfy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #17

Shelly - no I am only a novice... PP have a virtual nibble!! LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Sorry to hear about your back MrsH and all your other probs. Would it be possible for you to get a firm to do your ironing as a one off, could do the same with your housework maybe ?
Emma, Angie is right your cakes do look proffessional, are you in the catering buisness?
Eileen hope you enjoy your oriental dinner.
See great minds ...I was thinking that too ironing service and a cleaning service one off on Wed maybe??? no point overdoing it and ruinu ing the day for yourself get someone in and don't worry. The wedding is the important "once in a lifetime event" don't let yourself stress and therefore lock your muscles out more.

Failed to get last lot of washing on the line, it rained so I will try again tomorrow, they are sheets and I like them dried o the line then finished o in the tumble dryer. Smell gorgeous.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #19

Morning, all.
Slept in today as after the pumpkin patch, K's friend decided to stop by for an unexpected visit and he ended up staying until 2am!! Too much excitement for me in one day
The good thing is today will be very nice--K is delivering a car to Puyallup (500 mile drive) and will be gone most of the day and may even take the pups so I will just have a nice quiet house to myself. He loves to listen to talk radio and is partially hard of hearing so it's usually too noisy for my liking. I got "Cats in May", my own version to keep, in the post yesterday so it may just be the perfect excuse to settle down and have a little read
Bought an extra spicy pork burrito at the Mexican food cart last night so I would have a yummy lunch today..with spicy green salsa of course
Collected empty beer cans from around the house from the boys visit last night and also need to do a bit of laundry for ferret bedding. Which reminds me, I picked up a lovely new blankie for Zero at the craft shop yesterday..handmade by a woman in her 80s. Very nice and soft for the dear boy, he is the only ferret I've had who will curl into my neck for a cuddle and hug. So precious.
Have a good one, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #20

Just to let you know, I had a lovely nap this afternoon, the painkillers have hugely improved things and I feel much less stressed, I think it's mainly the tiredness that was talking and allowing things to assume too big an importance!

You're absolutely right, the 2 lovely people who are getting married is all that's important, I can see lots of stuff being thrown into the spare room (out of sight out of mind!) A little light dustingand hoovering will be quite enough

Thanks all ('specially Yola for her lovely PM )