Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
26-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #1

Back From the vets

well it has been disasterous this morning, the human content of the house is down with sickness and diorehha (sp) from a rather curious take away from Saturday evening, everyone has been in bed and feeling very bad so no work for my parents and as now im the only child in the house now tutors for me, well me being me still insisted on getting up at 5:30 to do the usual pet chores, cleaned out the bunnies and the guinea-pig, fed them let them out for a run etc, then sorted out the dogs but then i noticed no Clementine, she wasn't in the house at all, which meant she hadn't came home last night, so panic set in and i went and told my mum who was drinking tea in the kitchen and she said she hadn't heard Clementine last night, but everyone had their head down the toilet and never noticed, so i go and have a look around, and nothing then at 10 o'clock' i hear this odd noise at the front door, in comes Clementine not herself, she went and lay on the couch and didnt move, until she heard her dinner bowl rattle, she waddled into the kitchen and i had to lift her up onto the work top, 5 minutes later she has been sick everywhere, and her eyes looked odd there was something not right, so we put her in the cat basket popped it on the back seat and managed to get out to the vets, even though we ourselves have got food poisoning, well after a few hours there the vet informs us Clementine has some form of mild poisoning which contained worferine (sp?) meaning rodent poison, meaning she had had a rodent that had been infected. So she is now banned from leaving the house for a week, is on medication to stop the blood from thinning and something elose to make her sick up the remaining traces of poison in her, so generally not a happy kitty, she can't eat anything bar chicken and rice, or any milk for 72 hours.
She is at present asleep in her basket which has been propped by the fire, its odd but it never crossed my mind about catching mice and rats and the factor of poison
anyway im off to tend to the sick kitty, which BTW i think is over dramatising for attention
Best wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
26-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #2

Re: Back From the vets

Oh dear - it all happens in your house

Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Oh & you may find this useful - someone told me this many years ago & it is something that has always stuck with me -

DIARRHOEA

Died in a rolls royce having over eaten again

D - died
I - in
A-a
R-rolls
R-royce
H - having
O-over
E-eaten
A - again

I know it's weird - but it's one thing I always know how to spell

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #3

@ Smudgley!!!

Well Luke, there is never a dull or quiet moment at your house!! Food poisoning can be very serious so I hope that you are all feeling somewhat better now. Poor old Clementine Warfarin is indeed used in some mouse and rat killing products. It is also used in small doses in humans to thin the blood!! It is extremely toxic to cats and you are very very lucky that Clementine is ok. You must locate where the warfarin has been put and try and remove it or speak to who ever put it there.....as Clementine may not be so lucky next time Incidently Luke, I thought Clementine was a house cat ???

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
26-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #4

well she was a house cat, and then since she had her trip away for a week we can;t keep her in, so she tends to come and go as she pleases, we dont really mind.
But its a bit of a worry, i have a feeling i know where it is so i will have a word with the person who has put it out, me thinks it was meant for maruading cats as this person thinks every cat is out to destroy their petunias!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #5

I'm beginning to wonder if anything ever goes right in your house Luke I hope everyone will soon be feeling better including Clementine who, as PK said, is a very lucky cat if she has ingested warfarin

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
26-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I'm beginning to wonder if anything ever goes right in your house Luke I hope everyone will soon be feeling better including Clementine who, as PK said, is a very lucky cat if she has ingested warfarin
oh yes Mags, at this moment in time nothing seems to be going right, must be our year for bad luck, but must remain positive.
Clementine is very lucky and the vet said a few more hours and she wouldnt be here now, she is a lot better now she can eat without vomiting, shes back to the vets at 12 oclock tommorow morning, to make sure all is ok

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #7

Glad she is feeling better Luke....

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
26-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Glad she is feeling better Luke....
lol no more than me, cleaning cat sick up when your not feeling well yourself isnt a good idea

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
26-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #9

hoeps he is well soon

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
26-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917