Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
02-12-2004, 12:31 PM   #1

M8 needs help again

You remember my m8's cat went missing a few weeks ago, well we've got a problem with her.

Ever since she has come back she has refused to use the litter tray. She will just go anywhere and my m8 is getting very frustrated with her. It also looks like nanny cat is pregnant again, she's massive.

Is my m8 gonna have to retrain her to use the litter tray again to stop her from wetting and poohing in the house?

She doesn't want to let her out because if she did she's worried that she will have her babies outside and we won't be able to find them.

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 12:46 PM   #2

Re: M8 needs help again

Oh dear!!

Has she taken her to the vet to get checked out? There may be a problem as to why she is not using the litter tray - maybe she can't make it there in time?

I think she is sensible to keep her in because of the babies, but I would deffo suggest a trip to the vet to get her checked out.

Sorry don't know what else to suggest Na.

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 01:11 PM   #3

She was covered in oil and grease so I suppose some of it has got into her system. I've suggested a trip to the vet but it's actually getting my m8 to take her that's the main problem.

Thanx Abbi for your help it's very much appreciated

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #4

Keep us posted how she gets on , I hope things are ok for her.

My mum had a problem with her cat (the grey ones in the photos - Pushkin) when she first got him it carried on for 6 months he was just pooing all over the house - poor thing could not make it there in time, it was very sad my mum was getting extremely upset, so I do understand how frustrating it must be for her, but she must get some hlep - also I think there is some stuff you can get from the pet shop to encourage them to go in the litter trat - dropletes of something, I know you can get them for puppies, maybe cats too - also she sould spray the area the cats is messing in with Pet Behave or something similar it should deter her from going there again - but she should read the labels incase they are dangerous for pregnant queens.

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 04:48 PM   #5

Ooo I'll let her know about that stuff thanx Abbi.

I've volunteered to take the cat down to my own vet for her so hopefully she'll let me take her and get her checked out

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 04:50 PM   #6

Awwwww that's nice of you - let us know what happens.

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 04:54 PM   #7

Yeah will do and thanx again Abbi

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #8

No probs

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-12-2004, 07:42 PM   #9

My first thought was to check with the vet too, especially as she is pregnant.

We had a problem with our previous cat, Sam, regarding using the litter tray. We always locked him indoors at night and he used to refuse to go in his tray. He never actually did his business about the house but we could tell he wanted 'to go'. We resorted to following him round the house with his litter tray and eventually found a place where he would go in it........the bathroom of all places!! After that we used to take his tray into the bathroom and he would go straight into it, no probs!

Has your friend tried putting the tray in a different place and putting the cat in it to show her?

Catsey Veteran

02-12-2004, 08:10 PM   #10

Yes that is a very good point Mags, I have read before that they dont like it if the litter tray is near their food or in a busy place where they could be disturbed!

Good luck Na