Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-02-2016, 06:52 AM   #1

More earthquakes in Christchurch.

We've had another big quake in Christchurch this afternoon. It just came out of the blue with no warning at all.We are now having constant aftershocks - so far today there has been 55 quakes and counting. I pray that they don't continue into the night as they are much more frightening in the dark.So far the water supply is safe although there have been a number of burst water pipes throughout the city. Our power supply is also OK but some other areas have lost power.My poor cats are terrified and the dog is beside herself. My house is already badly damaged from earlier quakes and EQC were to start repairs shortly. We were trying to find alternative accomodation, but repairs may have to be put on hold now. We can only wait and see.

Hope all Catsey members and their kitties are safe and well. I'll let you know how things go.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
14-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #2

Re: More earthquakes in Christchurch.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers dinky.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #3

I'm glad you're safe Dinky, it must be a terrifying experience for you all.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #4

Thanks for your kind thoughts truthisouthere and Mags. We've had 19 quakes through the night and although everything shook and rattled, they weren't big ones. I'm going in to work shortly but my youngest daughter is here with the cats and dog .Hopefully the aftershocks will settle after a few more days although the quake experts are saying there is a 50% chance of another big one. We just have to pray it doesn't happen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #5

Absolutely terrifying. I saw the aftermath of the Italian earthquake at Aquilla a few years ago - the damage inflicted was horrid. Please take care of yourself and your pets Dinky x